NPC Medora Sprite Present In Direnni Tower But Not Responding

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
InsertNameHere

NPC Medora Sprite Present In Direnni Tower But Not Responding

Post by InsertNameHere »

Hello Unity Peeps,

I made my way to Direnni Tower after completing the Missing Prince quest and found Medora, but nothing happens when I click on her. Is there any reason why she might not respond to me and send me to get the unicorn horn? Reputation, etc?

Thank you

InsertNameHere

Re: NPC Medora Sprite Present In Direnni Tower But Not Responding

Post by InsertNameHere »

Also, I tried the command "tele2qspawn" and that didn't work. Are those related?

Thank you,

Unity 0.7.2

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It's possible one of the quest conditions hasn't been satisfied. If you can attach a zip of your save, I'm happy to dive into it and see what's happening. If this is a bug, I'll fix it. :)

Unfortunately "tele2qspawn" doesn't work in this case as Medora is a fixed permanent NPC in that dungeon (she's not injected by the quest script itself to a marker). I've considered adding a new "tele2" command for these cases. Medora is probably the hardest NPC to reach for rapid testing of main quest.

InsertNameHere

Post by InsertNameHere »

Awesome! Here you are.
Thank you
Attachments
SAVE9.zip
Currently at Medora
(219.42 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Looking at this save using quest debugger (leftshift+tab), you only have the one quest running, which is the quest that spawns ghosts in Daggerfall City (Sx977). You're currently lacking the main quest backbone (Sx999) or any quest related to Medora.

I'm not sure how the main quest backbone was terminated. This quest is permanent until the end of the game. Have you used the console to manage any quests at all (e.g. "enddebugquest"), as this is one way that quest can be dropped prematurely. Or if you're testing using "setmqstage" these have a custom backbone with a different lifecycle.

If you'd like to reboot the main quest in this save, you can open the console and enter:

Code: Select all

startquest s0000999
Because of your global variable and reputation state, you'll be able to trigger the horn quest with Medora right away. The rest of the main quest should roll out from there.

InsertNameHere

Post by InsertNameHere »

Thanks for delving into that for me! I have not used either of those commands so it must have dropped elsewhere. I'm glad there was a work-around though. Using startquest s0000999 worked like a charm!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That's concerning, I'm not sure how that backbone quest has ended then.

These sorts of issues can be difficult to track down, and I'm afraid most people would just give up in frustration rather than coming here and flagging the problem. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Would you by any chance have an older save from around the time you were doing Missing Prince main quest? Or even just beforehand? Maybe I can try it track it down by replaying your previous steps.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

One more thing. If you can, could you please attach a zip of your FACTION.TXT file your local game data? I have a theory how this might have happened and will need that faction file to confirm.

I've added some extra protections for main backbone quest so that it shouldn't end prematurely in future builds.

InsertNameHere

Post by InsertNameHere »

Attached are the two older saves I have. Save 10 is before ever starting The Missing Prince. Save 11 is the oldest save after the main quest dropped. I'm not sure how to locate faction.txt, though. I found FactionData.txt in each save folder. Is that what you're looking for? If so, they're included in the zip folders.

Thank you!
Attachments
SAVE11.zip
After main quest dropped
(171.72 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
SAVE10.zip
Before starting Missing Prince
(242.71 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Cheers!

The FACTION.TXT I'm after is part of your Daggerfall game files in the Arena2 subfolder. You'll find this in the path you pointed DFU at when first running the game.