High resolution paperdoll

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Kaucukovnik

Re: High resolution paperdoll

Post by Kaucukovnik »

Boobs! Boobplate!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
I moved female hands into the same position as male ones to minimize hassle with weapon sprites. I will be going back and adjusting things later on, but the main goal for now is to have everything covered.

Kaucukovnik

Post by Kaucukovnik »

All right, here are all the pieces I have made so far, in png. I haven't cropped any of them, which should help with alignment. You can always measure offsets from a layered image in GIMP or Photoshop.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/22ppkfk3w ... ip.7z/file

GIMP files with layers (including texture overlays), just so that I hand out every potentially useful resource. They are a bit messy, but the major layer groups are named and somewhat organized.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5axl125c6 ... mp.7z/file

I will check this place from time to time and see how modding evolves. If I find motivation and there is still a demand for these sprites, I'll continue. Motivation, for me, mostly means seeing the game go further beyond original Daggerfall in terms of content and functionality.
Thank you everyone for spending your free time on this project. I hope to return one day.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thank you! I downloaded the pack and the sprites do indeed look very nice, great work.
Lets see when HD paperdolls will be available ingame, that should motivate you to create some more in the future maybe.
Be well!

TheHourMan

Post by TheHourMan »

I would love to see HD paperdolls be a thing. I was trying to make one myself but it is a big project for someone with virtually no experience.
Discord (adults only:) discord.gg/nehjDHW

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Honestly, this will be better to leave for a AI upscaling. It produces a great results and will save hours upon hours of work.
Than those AI results can be adjusted by the artist. That results will be 110%

Also, the AI upscalling, if setup right, produces extremely vanilla like results.
Artists tend to bring their styles, different colours shades etc... thats good, nothing against it.
But me personally, I preffer the original style - enhanced as possible.
The art restoration... thats it

At least at the sprite level ;)

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

King of Worms wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:02 pm Honestly, this will be better to leave for a AI upscaling. It produces a great results and will save hours upon hours of work.
Than those AI results can be adjusted by the artist. That results will be 110%
I ran a little test with the official Bethesda paperdoll screenshot (showing an impossible weapons combination and a face that is not among those available for any Elven females). The face certainly needs some touch-up:
https://imgur.com/a/eg36A6L
I think I like the MyManga109 result (both models come from here) slightly better, but it gave her a kinda Nefertiti look.
King of Worms wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:02 pm Artists tend to bring their styles, different colours shades etc...
Note how the AI models basically do the same, although to a more limited but still noticeable extent.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Well, the AI upscale of the body is great IMO, faces are complicated for AI and its better that artist does the touch ups on that.
The DFU char backgrounds do not work too great with AI.
At the end of the day, the combination of AI and artist is the best IMHO

But for the bodies, to me it seemts the AI is the way here.

Yup, Ai has its own style as well :) but its quite consistent and can be very vanilla like, if done right

Its a matter of opinion ofc, if someone feels like drawing it, than by all means ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Replacements are working now

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

The problem with AI upscaling humanoid bodies is that detail of the the anatomy are lost because the AI doesn't know how to "read" them. Whilst AI upscaling is great, it's great as a foundation for then artists to come in and bring back lost details like individual toes, fingers, stomach abs, etc.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

emmathepony wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:20 pm The problem with AI upscaling humanoid bodies is that detail of the the anatomy are lost because the AI doesn't know how to "read" them. Whilst AI upscaling is great, it's great as a foundation for then artists to come in and bring back lost details like individual toes, fingers, stomach abs, etc.
I dont agree "that detail of the the anatomy are lost because the AI doesn't know how to "read" them"
If the algo is proper, it will add detail.

I like the result I get, and its just basic.
It saves you like IDK 2 hours on each body? Maybe more... and there are 32 body types. 64hour work. I can do that in maybe 2 hours...

Indeed, if a artist does the touch ups later, than great!
But in this case, I cant say anything negative about the AI, at all. Contrary...
compare.jpg
compare.jpg (213.2 KiB) Viewed 2997 times