Unable to Loot - Game Start

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
CasualClark

Unable to Loot - Game Start

Post by CasualClark »

Folks - My regrets for what is likely user error, but I've just installed the latest build of Unity and after defeating the first rat in the starter dungeon, I am unable to loot the treasure on the right-hand pedestal, as well as any other items or bodies in the dungeon. Tried all the modes (steal, etc). Also tried this with and without mods installed and turning on/off various settings in the Unity startup. I've also changed the game's keyboard mapping to activate the cursor, etc. and nothing works. I also do not get any messages when I attempt to loot a body that has no loot to offer, which I recall is a standard feature of the game.

To confirm the issue, I tested the looting in the original game without Unity and it worked fine, so there is some setting in Unity which is preventing me from clicking on items to collect them.

This is frustrating since this simple problem is preventing me from progressing in the game, and I've found no prior posts on this problem. Any thoughts would be most appreciated!

Jay_H

Re: Unable to Loot - Game Start

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums!

Would you be able to upload your save game while the bug is active?

CasualClark

Post by CasualClark »

Appears I spoke too soon. I bound my mouse wheel to activate center object and it appears to be working now. Whew...

Thanks for the quick follow up! Now, back to Daggerfall Unity...

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Hooray! Everyone wins! :D Don't worry about it. We try to be as open to issues as possible, so it's fine.