DFU vs Classic Differences: Master List

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
R.D.

Re: DFU vs Classic Differences: Master List

Post by R.D. »

-"Cast when held" enchantments appear on items that cannot be equipped.
-The enchantment for quest rewards is almost always "Fortitude".
I assume you got this from that bug report a while back, but these were issues in DFU, not something from classic.

Regarding shields:
Need more info on this and whether it belongs in the bug section.
In classic, shields add to armor rating but they are never damaged (their "condition" will never worsen). When a hit is done on the player or an AI character, the game damages one of the armor slots (Boots, Cuirass, Gauntlets, Greaves, Helm, Left Pauldron, Right Pauldron) of the character that was hit, but it never damages shields.

In DFU, if a body part that is protected by the currently equipped shield (i.e., has armor rating added to it) is selected to be damaged, the shield is damaged instead.
Surrendering to guards for breaking and entering doesn't work.
Never heard this one before. Do you know what happens if you try?
Also I don't think we have guards coming after you for breaking and entering in DFU yet, so this wouldn't really be fixed over classic yet.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

R.D. wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:53 pmI assume you got this from that bug report a while back, but these were issues in DFU, not something from classic.
Yes, I must have misunderstood. Removed for now. However, Interkarma says the "cast when held" thing happens in classic, too in this thread. Is he right?
In classic, shields add to armor rating but they are never damaged (their "condition" will never worsen). When a hit is done on the player or an AI character, the game damages one of the armor slots (Boots, Cuirass, Gauntlets, Greaves, Helm, Left Pauldron, Right Pauldron) of the character that was hit, but it never damages shields.
K, added.
Never heard this one before. Do you know what happens if you try?
Also I don't think we have guards coming after you for breaking and entering in DFU yet, so this wouldn't really be fixed over classic yet.
Your hp goes to 1 and the guards just keep attacking you. I added it because I didn't want to forget. It looks like crime is going to be addressed soon anyway.

I don't suppose you know why armor rating differs between info and equipped (i.e. a steel cuirass is +4 in info, and +9 equipped)? Is it really a bug in classic? If so I need to move it there. Not sure how classic got patched so many times and never fixed it.

R.D.

Post by R.D. »

I don't suppose you know why armor rating differs between info and equipped (i.e. a steel cuirass is +4 in info, and +9 equipped)? Is it really a bug in classic? If so I need to move it there. Not sure how classic got patched so many times and never fixed it.
Yes, it seems to be a mistake. The armor ratings are larger values internally, then divided for display on the inventory screen. For some reason it divides by 10 for the info popup and 5 for the number shown by the paper doll. In the case of steel the internal value is 45, which becomes +4 in info (divide by 10 and round down) and +9 for the paper doll (divide by 5).
However, Interkarma says the "cast when held" thing happens in classic, too in this thread. Is he right?
Yeah I saw him say that and wondered about it, but I don't remember ever seeing that happen in classic. At any rate, the cause of the problems in that bug report were something in the DFU code, nothing to do with classic.

pango

Post by pango »

Fixed bug: elevators stop moving while you're in game menus
A very famous bug in classic!
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

pango wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:18 pm Fixed bug: elevators stop moving while you're in game menus
Does this include other moving platforms like the ones that move horizontally via lever?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

pango wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:18 pm Fixed bug: elevators stop moving while you're in game menus
I think it's better said that you stop moving but the elevator keeps going, right? Or is that a different one?

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Added:

Code: Select all

-Moving platforms continue to move on screens that pause the game.
-Moving platforms can move through the player instead of crushing them.
-Inventory Screen: display no message when picking up gold. [LESS CLICKS]

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Added:

Code: Select all

-In random areas of a dungeon, you can rest infinitely without interruption because the game fails to find a valid spawn location for the interrupting monster.
-Some advantages/disadvantages in the custom class editor can be added together despite conflicting with each other or your race's natural advantages.**

pango

Post by pango »

- Region Map Screen : when zoomed in, Left Shift + mouse movement to scroll the map around
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:21 pm
Interface Changes *optional **requested
=================
-Controls: default to mouse-look and allow interaction while in mouse-look. [LESS CLICKS]
-Controls: click to swing and retain mouse-look while swinging.* [LESS CONFUSING]
-Controls: dismount automatically when trying to enter a building on horseback. [LESS CLICKS]
-Feedback: display store hours when clicking locked store doors instead of requiring info mode.** [LESS CLICKS]
-HUD: display swapped health and stamina bar colors.* [LESS CONFUSING]
-HUD: display arrow counter when a bow is equipped.* [LESS CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: display your encumbrance. [LESS CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: display more inventory slots at once.* [LESS CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: display the amount of gold you're carrying and its weight.** [LESS CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: display an item's attributes when hovering cursor over item.** [LESS CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: display the stacked quantity of gold pieces in loot piles. [LESS CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: display no message when picking up gold. [LESS CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: display the material type of helmets and shields.*
-Inventory Screen: make potions and ingredients stackable. [LESS CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: default to "Remove" instead of "Equip" when clicking loot piles. [LESS CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: display scrollbars in scrollbar area. [LESS CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: display no message window when trying to use unusables. [LESS CLICKS]
-Character Screen: display your reputation next to guild rank under "Affiliations." [LESS CONFUSING]
-Character Screen: make "Level" clickable and display requirements for next level.** [LESS CONFUSING]
-Logbook Screen: make quest locations clickable fast-travel links.** [LESS CLICKS]
-Interior Map Screen: repurpose all mouse functions for map manipulation. [LESS CLICKS]
-Interior Map Screen: display vertical marker over player and exit. [LESS CONFUSING]
-Exterior Map Screen: repurpose all mouse functions for map manipulation. [LESS CLICKS]
-Exterior Map Screen: display directional arrow instead of blinking dot for player. [LESS CONFUSING]
-Region Map Screen: when using "Find", search for keyword matches anywhere in the location name. [LESS TYPING]
-Save/Load Screen: make slots unlimited instead of 6.*
Jay Hova the grammar Nazi says

Interface Changes *optional **requested
=================
-Controls: default to mouse-look and allow interaction while in mouse-look. [FEWER CLICKS]
-Controls: click to swing and retain mouse-look while swinging.* [LESS CONFUSING]
-Controls: dismount automatically when trying to enter a building on horseback. [FEWER CLICKS]
-Feedback: display store hours when clicking locked store doors instead of requiring info mode.** [FEWER CLICKS]
-HUD: display swapped health and stamina bar colors.* [LESS CONFUSING]
-HUD: display arrow counter when a bow is equipped.* [FEWER CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: display your encumbrance. [FEWER CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: display more inventory slots at once.* [FEWER CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: display the amount of gold you're carrying and its weight.** [FEWER CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: display an item's attributes when hovering cursor over item.** [FEWER CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: display the stacked quantity of gold pieces in loot piles. [FEWER CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: display no message when picking up gold. [FEWER CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: display the material type of helmets and shields.*
-Inventory Screen: make potions and ingredients stackable. [FEWER CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: default to "Remove" instead of "Equip" when clicking loot piles. [FEWER CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: display scrollbars in scrollbar area. [FEWER CLICKS]
-Inventory Screen: display no message window when trying to use unusables. [FEWER CLICKS]
-Character Screen: display your reputation next to guild rank under "Affiliations." [LESS CONFUSING]
-Character Screen: make "Level" clickable and display requirements for next level.** [LESS CONFUSING]
-Logbook Screen: make quest locations clickable fast-travel links.** [FEWER CLICKS]
-Interior Map Screen: repurpose all mouse functions for map manipulation. [FEWER CLICKS]
-Interior Map Screen: display vertical marker over player and exit. [LESS CONFUSING]
-Exterior Map Screen: repurpose all mouse functions for map manipulation. [FEWER CLICKS]
-Exterior Map Screen: display directional arrow instead of blinking dot for player. [LESS CONFUSING]
-Region Map Screen: when using "Find", search for keyword matches anywhere in the location name. [LESS TYPING]
-Save/Load Screen: make slots unlimited instead of 6.*
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.