Distortion Issues After Saving Specific PCX Files

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Khrysamere

Distortion Issues After Saving Specific PCX Files

Post by Khrysamere »

Certain PCX files, such as this cape (https://imgur.com/EymkcTY) I'm trying to edit, turn out like this (https://imgur.com/CtCKPlz) After saving them in GIMP. However, this does not happen to all PCX files after saving them, just a few. Why is this happening?

Interkarma

Re: Distortion Issues After Saving Specific PCX Files

Post by Interkarma »

Daggerfall Unity doesn't use PCX files, this sounds more like an issue with classic Daggerfall modding. Moving this to Community as Help & Support is for Daggerfall Unity specifically.

Khrysamere

Post by Khrysamere »

Oh, my apologies. Nevertheless, anyone know why this is occurring?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

It might help if you let others know which tool you're using to export the PCX files from Daggerfall. I'd say try a different tool and see if you have better results. :)

Khrysamere

Post by Khrysamere »

Oh I'm using Andypic, though in terms of Texture files, I'm pretty sure that's the only one that works. Dagpic often won't even let you open Texture files, DagpicG does, but they come out as garbled messes and I don't believe they save either. A long time ago, I remember a program called Allpic or something like that, don't know whatever happened to it or if it would even work for this.

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

I've never had any problems editing PCX files because I converted the images to PNG for editing, then back to PCX for Andypic to process.

You might want to use GrafX2 for that black-transparent colour to work properly, this editor works very well with PCX too.

I usually convert PCX to PNG using XCC Mixer, an old habit, but GrafX2 works well too. Haven't tried mtPaint but it also should be fine in this respect as far as I can tell.