0.7.32 Fast Travel when Vampire and not having killed unconsistently freezes the Game [NOT REPRODUCED]

hello

0.7.32 Fast Travel when Vampire and not having killed unconsistently freezes the Game [NOT REPRODUCED]

Post by hello »

As the title says when playing a vampire and being in a hungry state (not having killed, no resting allowed) when i try to fast travel sometimes my game freezes at the loading screen and no matter how long i wait it won't come back to life. Clicking with the mouse makes game crash (stopped working message from windows)

windows 10 64 bit
I5 7500
gtx 1060
16 gb ram

i tried disabling all mods and quest packs with the same result.

i tried changing up the travel options (cautiously, ship/horse, recklessly etc.) but it doesn't change.

what i found however is that it seems to be dependant on the location. some locations won't freeze, while others make my game freeze 100% of the time. it doesn't matter if my destination is a dungeon or town, some towns work, others don't. some dungeons work, others don't.

when i have fed/killed i don't have any issues fast traveling anywhere whatsoever.

Hazelnut

Re: 0.7.32 Fast Travel when Vampire and not having killed unconsistently freezes the Game

Post by Hazelnut »

Can you provide a savefile along with a list of steps to reproduce please? That would be very helpful.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

hello

Re: 0.7.32 Fast Travel when Vampire and not having killed unconsistently freezes the Game

Post by hello »

damn it, sorry. just saved over my file when i finally managed to fast travel again and a second after i did it i thought i should have probably provided you guys with a save. I'll upload a save tommorow, probably will run into the same issue again pretty soon :(

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for the report. Not sure what could be causing this yet. Will try to dig into this further when I can.

hello

Post by hello »

man.. i wish i still had one of the saves with this issue. seems to be something different... i cured my vampirism but kept a save file as a vampire playing around trying to recreate the issue.... but so far i haven't been able to.
weird.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Sorry for jumping in but I got an idea.
From what I understand when you are a vampire and you're supposed to feed if you don't feed you end up dying.
And if you fast travel without feeding there's only so far you can go before you die.
Now I'm thinking when you try to fast travel, the time it took to travel to your destination would have killed your character.
Maybe's getting hung up on that, try fast traveling farther away when you're supposed to feed, I think closer destinations you'll make it, but the ones far away you're going to end up dying and maybe that's screwing something up.
I don't know just a suggestion to try and track it down, I know what it's like trying to find funky bugs :lol:, and if you already did it then just ignore this, it's just a suggestion..
Check out my YouTube Channel!