Pls Confirm on Daggerfall Install: Compact, Full or Custom?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
CasualClark

Pls Confirm on Daggerfall Install: Compact, Full or Custom?

Post by CasualClark »

I wanted to confirm that when the Unity site states to do the 'default' install of DaggerfallSetup, you mean the 'Compact' version? Or are there any of the fixes/quest packs in that install that might be recommended? The site says there could be incompatibilities with some of the mods but it isn't specific except for language packs, so I wasn't sure if there might be others that are okay to use.

Reason I ask is that I installed the 'Custom' version including some of the quest fixes/packs and I'm encountering a number of broken quests in Unity, both random and guild, where either a specified residence is not in the town cited in the quest, or the NPC said to be in a specified residence is not there when I arrive. I assume this is a result of the optional packs I used in my install and that I should stick with the Compact version only?

Let me know and thanks for your help!

Feralwarlord

Re: Pls Confirm on Daggerfall Install: Compact, Full or Custom?

Post by Feralwarlord »

it's probably best to use the files that interkarma provides as DaggerfallGameFile.zip for daggerfall unity, there's nothing stopping you from using the daggerfallsetup files to try classic though

Interkarma

Re: Pls Confirm on Daggerfall Install: Compact, Full or Custom?

Post by Interkarma »

The main options to avoid from DaggerfallSetup are the language mods. I think almost everything else integrates OK.

If you experience any problems with the classic quests, please log a bug report with the quest name and a clear description of problem. You can see the quest name by toggling open the quest debugger with LeftShift+Tab. Depending on the bug, I might need a save game to reproduce properly.