KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by King of Worms »

Pango, thanks for a report!

Initializing is very long and I hate it, but I cant do anything about it. I asked Lacus, and he told me his game starts cca the same speed as other games. I told him to try Dream and he vanished :) Maybe in future. I have a feeling its some single thread process botlenecking the performance. Or something which can be done ONCE and than other loads should go faster etc... who knows :/

That flame... its not modded by DREAM, as that sprite is remade in a mod by Alexander Sig and that one is recomended so I felt like it will just take up a precious space (and initializing times) ...

Must be something else than..

But good news is it works.. aint bad :)

pango

Post by pango »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:30 pm That flame... its not modded by DREAM, as that sprite is remade in a mod by Alexander Sig and that one is recomended so I felt like it will just take up a precious space (and initializing times) ...
I never used Handpainted models mod, it has no working Linux version... (where are the sources?)
King of Worms wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:30 pm Must be something else than..
Maybe not modded intentionally, but I repeat:
  • DFU alone: that texture animation is fine;
  • DFU with just DREAM mod: above glitch...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

OK I get it now... its possible that DREAM messes up with the lights atlas.. thats a thing I reported already to Lacus. So eventho this specific light is not altered by the mod, other lights are and they mess the whole atlas, including this reported light... awesome :)

Im affraid the sources are not available. But if we ask Alexander Sig, he might be up to sharing it. He is busy with a school now, he said he may eventually return during the summer holidays...

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Jukic wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:56 pm @KoW: what a video, really nice!

BTW, I can test the Mac version no prob.
Here you go, thank you!!
DREAM MAC:
https://mega.nz/#!SuZGxapa!44WeoRDQffUd ... F2vi9tsDzE

EDIT: Updated the opening post with the links to the Mac/Linux versions...

pango

Post by pango »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:40 pm Im affraid the sources are not available. But if we ask Alexander Sig, he might be up to sharing it. He is busy with a school now, he said he may eventually return during the summer holidays...
I hope he will eventually, because we're exactly in the kind of situation when a public sources repository would have been useful: somebody could have looked into the issue, and the known collision detection issue, while he's away.

I know it's up to each author, but we should really all collectively insist on having mod sources available.
What if next release of Daggerfall Unity breaks mod compatibility, as is sometimes necessary to fix bugs or allow for cool new features?
I don't want to bring anybody bad luck, but what if a mod author gets "hit by a bus" tomorrow? Or simply never reappears online?

For example Birds in Daggerfall was a small mod, but I really liked the idea, and that's likely a mod that I would be running today... if it still worked :(
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Absolutely same opinion... well. I will ask him :)

BTW Im not sure but I guess my mod can be extracted to get all the sprites. If not, I can upload it as a unity package. So ppl can work with it, and have working materials in unity etc.

EDIT: Added download link for a Master to the 1st page - thats basically everything I did before packed to DFMOD...

Jukic

Post by Jukic »

@KoW: First test of the D.R.E.A.M. Mac version.

I did not test thoroughly, but the mod works flawlessly (vanilla DFU + DREAM only). The initial load times to the DFU setup menu are quite longer (more than a minute) but from there on it works like a charm.

I will take also this opportunity to congratulate You on this wonderful mod! Visually it is breathtaking and it really is Daggerfall re-imagined!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks, very glad to hear that!!
Theres still a room for improvement - visual and performance.
Lets see what the future brings.
But yes, after almost 2 years, its shaping up really nicely - finally!

Alyndiar

Post by Alyndiar »

Congrats on the results of DREAM! I don't think I could ever play Daggerfall without this mod again. Glad to see the Linux and Mac versions work too! This is really awesome!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Just wanted say what an essential mod this has become. It perfectly embodies what Daggerfall Unity was all about in the first place - an open platform for the community to build on together.

A big thanks to KoW for all of his work on this, and of course everyone else in the first post that's contributed their unique skills to it. It makes me very excited to see what the future will bring. :)