Things I'd love to see added

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Dem

Things I'd love to see added

Post by Dem »

Hey all my first request for this game............ An arrow to point you to your kill/collection target in dungeons! Second a flash warning to where an enemy that isn't on screen is, i.e. where's that darn arrow firing from! Next I would like an editor for advantage/disadvantage system so I can make a few I'd like to see with a dummies guide attached. A major quest fix with a bar to see how close you are to next ranking in guilds. A warning that my rep with factions have shifted up or down i.e. factions hate me or love me more. When you protect a mage in guild traveling to aetherius 3 assassin's spawn they all carry exact same equipment I'd like to see a fix. Unlimited time to do main quest line I hate having to drop my quest and run to this or that person to keep the story going! A warning of what disease I've contacted as it happens without hiding it for 3 minutes i.e. it's warning doesn't go away for 3 minutes. More to follow later guy's

Hazelnut

Re: Things I'd love to see added

Post by Hazelnut »

Dem wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:26 pm An arrow to point you to your kill/collection target in dungeons!
You can find that in the Archaeologist guild mod. They sell locator devices that can be activated once you've explored about a quarter of the dungeon and then you get a mental marker for your objective. It's still in development, feedback is welcome. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Dem

Post by Dem »

ty for that now how about a color change for the crosshairs for touch spells to show its in range,i also noticed that it doesnt say they resist spells anymore plz put that in,an ability to change the attack with click attack to use best strike i.e. best for weapon,highest hit rate,highest damage,also id also like the bottom buttons to return i know many commands by memory but id like them there. im loving all that i see daggerfall lives again!

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Putting markers on the map was something I missed in Daggerfall. It was so much harder for them to implement when the maps went 3D. If you had chalk in your inventory you could mark the wall with arrows etc. :-)
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Dem

Post by Dem »

Thanx for that. Strange things happened. First unity is DX 11 and it ran on DX 9. All mods worked like a charm and i had a buttload of fun. Lastly a power surge from either the grid or something in my comp broke and now wont turn on at all my guess is the power supply surged or something issued the "blue smoke of death" while over at a lady friends overnight. So until i can get a diagnostic done and budget for repairs/upgrades i cant play. If we could get a phone version of Daggerfall I'd so play but until my comp is up and running farewell and dont let her die!

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Dem wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:58 am Thanx for that. Strange things happened. First unity is DX 11 and it ran on DX 9. All mods worked like a charm and i had a buttload of fun. Lastly a power surge from either the grid or something in my comp broke and now wont turn on at all my guess is the power supply surged or something issued the "blue smoke of death" while over at a lady friends overnight. So until i can get a diagnostic done and budget for repairs/upgrades i cant play. If we could get a phone version of Daggerfall I'd so play but until my comp is up and running farewell and dont let her die!
Ouch. :( It's not a guarantee, but a surge protector and surge protected battery can help.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Dem

Post by Dem »

What about more advantages and disadvantages in char gen id loveto make a few when my comp lives again. Is this possible? I know what a pain coding is but 100 more advantages and 100 more disadvantages would rock this game like its new!

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Dem wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:44 pm What about more advantages and disadvantages in char gen id loveto make a few when my comp lives again. Is this possible? I know what a pain coding is but 100 more advantages and 100 more disadvantages would rock this game like its new!
Advantages/Disadvantages are currently hardcoded. Release 1.0 has to come at some point, and a number of final mod support items can only really happen after 1.0, or if someone takes the time to maintain them through various codebase changes, themselves. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.