Daggerfall: Music To Travel By

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
pango

Re: Daggerfall: Music To Travel By

Post by pango »

I dig the arrangements, they're spot on fresh and respectful of the originals.

I was curious whether those tracks would be okay for ingame play, since as you mentioned one point was to make each track "end" properly, which is not what one expects from game ambient music, It turns out that right now, since the original tracks don't loop as they should either, it's a clear improvement on all fronts.
When Daggerfall Unity music support improves, I'd really like a looping version of those tracks with the same arrangements quality...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

alphaTECH

Post by alphaTECH »

Thanks for the kind words :) I'd really like to see DFUnity randomly choose from a selection of appropriate tracks (playlist style) instead of looping the same one over and over until the player changes their location. "15" is one of my favourite tracks, but it's only a one-minute song (not even really designed to loop) that becomes irritating after a while when chosen to play in a dungeon.

To that end, I have no issue with Music To Travel By being used to replace the MIDIs in DFUnity, whether by default or as a mod. Go for it :)

EDIT: Considering the good reception, I'm going to do a little more work on some tracks that I feel have notes that are far too harsh (the kazoo in MAGE comes to mind).

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

Thank you so much for this album. I realize its not your compositions, but the arrangement work and organization of this soundtrack into a 'listening' form is incredible. 'Love this game's music and enjoy all the work you and the other musically talented fans do.

Gotta also say the inclusion of the Emperor from the introduction as a music track was brilliant. That monologue was more important than I realized in establishing the game's mood.

Lich King

Post by Lich King »

Awesome work!!

Lot's of listening to do now. :D