suggestion: add option to reverse mouse button functions in dungeon map (and maybe edge scrolling camera style control)

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
hello

suggestion: add option to reverse mouse button functions in dungeon map (and maybe edge scrolling camera style control)

Post by hello »

as the title says, i'm hoping you will add an option to reverse the mouse buttons in the dungeon map.

in this game trying to navigate dungeons kinda requires me to open the map and move the mouse around while holding right mouse button down to change the viewing angle. with my bad sense of direction this is something i have to do A LOT. and with time this motion can sort of give me wrist pain unfortunately as my wrist is pretty damaged from playing too much starcraft. :oops:
for the same reason i'm really thankful for the click to swing weapon option by the way!

also the whole movement just feels kind of unnatural to me in general. i personally would much prefer to have an option to reverse the things the mouse buttons do, as moving the whole thing is something i feel i need about 10 times less than adjusting the viewing angle of the map.

there probably aren't many people with wrists as bad as mine but try to imagine how it would feel to have the buttons reversed.. maybe you can imagine it to be better as well? also could you make the cursor position on the screen freeze while holding down one of the mouse buttons to move the map position/view?
also it's friendlier to left handed people! and having options tends to always be a good thing in my opinion!
i feel like it could probably be implemented rather easily as well - unlike my other suggestion below:

maybe you could even make it possible to move the entire map screen by having the mouse touch the edge of the screen like moving the screen works in RTS games or dota/LoL? i'm sure this would feel really intuitive to a whole lot of people.

hopefully this is the right section for this :D
edit: just noticed the feature request board. sorry :oops: feel free to move