Dead end bugs

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
jayhova

Dead end bugs

Post by jayhova »

I'm curious as to how many original game bugs that make either a quest or the game itself uncompletable there are. I have experienced at least one bug that forced a reload to continue the game. I also encountered another that made it impossible to complete a quest. Has anyone made a list of these so that at some future time there won't be a situation where a character is stopped from continuing due to a flaw in how daggerfall works?
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Jay_H

Re: Dead end bugs

Post by Jay_H »

Some bugs are still being discovered. One involving an erroneous faction number sign was patched out a few weeks ago, which made someone's main quest disappear completely.

Most quest bugs have been eliminated. I started doing that awhile ago, and then I abdicated completely and Interkarma did the rest. There shouldn't be nearly as many occurrences in DFU as in classic.

jayhova

Re: Dead end bugs

Post by jayhova »

I mean bugs in the way the original game operated. For instance in one case a vanilla quest transported me to a part of a dungeon that was impossible for me to exit due to a trap door that could only be opened from the outside. In another case I had a quest send me to a dungeon that the object of the quest was in an inaccessible portion of the dungeon. Both of these instances the game was operating as it should have but the problem was in the original behavior of the the game not in DFU.

Remember this bug?
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.