Asset injection causing rain sounds not to play when loading a game 0.7.36 X64 (Githib version) [RESOLVED]

Midknightprince

Asset injection causing rain sounds not to play when loading a game 0.7.36 X64 (Githib version) [RESOLVED]

Post by Midknightprince »

To reproduce, just load this save, or any save WITH asset injection on.

I have an output after loading with asset injection ON, and NO mods on = no rain on load..

The other one is with asset injection OFF, with ALL mods on = rain sounds on load..

The rain seems to show up it's just the sounds..
It could be the new rain sounds by Pango are NOT getting loaded up, only thing you can do then is just take em out (it's a shame, they're pretty), but it's not the mods, I checked em all..

Mods are; Distant terrain, hills, tedious Travel, enhanced sky, Post Proc, Archaeologist, music pack, grass, quest pack, load screen, all the texture, the new sounds from Pango...
Attachments
output_log NO asset injection- Copy (2).zip
(6.94 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
output_log asset injection - Copy.zip
(6.72 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
SAVE18.zip
(271.03 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

Re: Asset injection causing rain sounds not to play when loading a game 0.7.36 X64 (Githib version)

Another thing, if you then reload that same game once you're in, the rain will work, so there IS a work around...

Midknightprince

Re: Asset injection causing rain sounds not to play when loading a game 0.7.36 X64 (Githib version)

Yep that's what it is, asset injection is not loading the new rain sounds by Pango..
If you have it off it just plays the default rain and it works, but if you have it on and you load a game when it's raining there is no rain sound you have to reload that game again to get it to work.

pango

Post by pango »

Hi,
It's a problem of timing, sounds are loaded in background now, and only played if they took less than 150ms to load.
It works well for most sounds, but the modded rain sound loop is a bit large and 150ms is often not enough.
I should probably increase that limit for loops, because it doesn't matter as much if they start with accurate timing..
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

pango

Post by pango »

I created a PR that increases the loading timeout for loops.
-- Charles Goodhart

Midknightprince

So its not a bug ?
Sorry guys, at least I know why the rain keeps messing up :D

pango

Post by pango »

Well, I think I know what's going on, at least. I'm not sure what's the best solution, but I can provide a change that should make rain work.
-- Charles Goodhart

Midknightprince

pango wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:15 am Well, I think I know what's going on, at least. I'm not sure what's the best solution, but I can provide a change that should make rain work.
So redownload the audio or it's in the code ?

pango

Post by pango »

In the code; But the more I think of it, I don't see much better solutions.
-- Charles Goodhart

Midknightprince

Well I'll try it when it gets put in, I've been watching GitHub.
It seems like it's all the ambient sounds from your thing, until you to a Reload..
They do sound better though, the crickets are nice and smooth, when I can hear them..