Build 0.7.36 X32 - Fast travel bug [CLOSED]

johnwax

Build 0.7.36 X32 - Fast travel bug [CLOSED]

Post by johnwax »

Upgraded to 0.7.36 as soon as I saw it. Was in Daggerfall and wanted to travel to Sentinel. Travel screen was normal and I clicked Yes to travel. Arrived with music playing - had a horizon with sky and sun above and featureless tan surface below. Could see the city in skeletal form in a square rising above me to dwindle and disappear. Hit esc and was back to my load screen.

Decided to see who I could access. Found I could go to Wayrest and Tigonus but had the same problem with Myrkwasa and Kairou, both next to Sentinel. Didn 't try any others at this point. I've attached a save in Tigonus. See if you can travel to Sentinel. Weird!
Attachments
SAVE1.rar
(169.12 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

johnwax

Re: Build 0.7.36 X32 - Fast travel bug

Post by johnwax »

Decided you will need an actual save from sentinel Its attached.
Attachments
SAVE3.zip
(122.96 KiB) Downloaded 68 times

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Your save game is using terrain sampler mods (e.g. distant terrain / mountains & hills). Ideally, saves for bug reports should not have any mods active.

After loading your save and being relocated outside city gates due to terrain sampler change, I'm able to travel normally to Sentinel without any issues.

Could you please try disabling your mods and see if fast travel then operates normally from this save for you also?

johnwax

Post by johnwax »

Sorry about the terrain mods. You've told me about that and of course I forgot!

The mods I am running are - the clock, enhanced sky (fantastic mod!), distant terrain, mountains and hills, and real grass. Turned off all and then added one by one. Turns out the grass was the problem. Grass requires a ton of resources which x32 isn't well equipped to supply. This may account for the fact that it happened only in certain areas. However, it never happened with grass in 0.7.32.Does 0.7.36 require more resources?

Anyway, too bad - I was getting used to the lawn :cry:

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

you should either use distant terrain or mountains and hills - not both since they do not work together

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

johnwax wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:51 am Sorry about the terrain mods. You've told me about that and of course I forgot!

The mods I am running are - the clock, enhanced sky (fantastic mod!), distant terrain, mountains and hills, and real grass. Turned off all and then added one by one. Turns out the grass was the problem. Grass requires a ton of resources which x32 isn't well equipped to supply. This may account for the fact that it happened only in certain areas. However, it never happened with grass in 0.7.32.Does 0.7.36 require more resources?

Anyway, too bad - I was getting used to the lawn :cry:
Have you tried messing with the settings in the grass mod?
There is one for the grass Shader, pic billboard for 32-bit system...

It's the ram, they should tell people about 64-bit os's nowadays, if they want to play games, 4 gigs just ain't enough...

You can also reduce the draw distance from the launcher, also there's a bunch of settings inside the grass mod to tone down the graphics a bit, hopefully it hooks you up, just fiddle with stuff, it's fun..

The grass mod is kinda essential for me, so I know your pain dude :lol: and hopefully, HOPEFULLY, this helps you out..
Check out my YouTube Channel!