[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
AlexanderSig

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.42b)

Post by AlexanderSig »

@ACNAero: thanks!

So I've installed the correct version of unity and updated the daggerfall-unity-master to the current build but I can't see the tab at the top with the mod export tool. How do I get it back?

I'm updating the collision meshes for the shelves, hopefully that will fix the issues with clicking them.

I think it would be much better if we could just drop the .prefab files into a folder called StreamingAssets/Meshes.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

New test release: 1.42c. I haven't fully tested it so would appreciate some help with that. Windows only for now. Once it's bug-free I'll put the link in the top post.
Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U3DnH ... ycT2XlAgZD

Changes
  • Re-compiled the mod with the latest version of DF Unity and Unity version 2018.2.11f1. Hopefully this will solve some of the crashing issues with the more recent builds, especially on Linux. I had to copy over a lot of different assets from many different folders for this to work so I may have missed a texture or two so please let me know if you find any missing textures. I was unable to create the mod for linux and mac for some reason. I've attached the error log below.
  • Alchemy shelves and bookshelves are now (hopefully) fully clickable. I may have missed some models so let me know if any are still not working properly.
  • Fixed the double wardrobes, the old model put them further to the right than they should be. Now they are in their correct position.
  • Fixed the floating altar. I have not verified this in-game myself.

Code: Select all

Building an AssetBundle for target 'LinuxStandaloneSupport' is not allowed because the required module is not installed.
UnityEditor.BuildPipeline:BuildAssetBundles(String, AssetBundleBuild[], BuildAssetBundleOptions, BuildTarget)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Utility.ModSupport.CreateModEditorWindow:BuildMod() (at Assets/Game/Addons/ModSupport/Editor/CreateModEditorWindow.cs:555)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Utility.ModSupport.CreateModEditorWindow:<OnGUI>m__4() (at Assets/Game/Addons/ModSupport/Editor/CreateModEditorWindow.cs:370)
DaggerfallWorkshop.GUILayoutHelper:Horizontal(VoidDelegate) (at Assets/Scripts/Editor/GUILayoutHelper.cs:55)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Utility.ModSupport.CreateModEditorWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/Game/Addons/ModSupport/Editor/CreateModEditorWindow.cs:359)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

I've downloaded, and will test. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

I've ran through all the shops I can, and a few things:

-I cannot interact with any shelves in any bookstores. At all.
-Alchemy stores use the alchemical shelves/cabinets in sets of 4 (two next to each other, backed by two more), but only one in a set will be interactable. Ideally, all 4 should share the inventory.
-The small weapon/armor stores will have a rack backed by a bookshelf with a skull, and the bookshelf is not interactable, only the rack.
-Racks with the armor are not interactible while the weapon racks next to them are. I think they should both share the same inventory if possible.

Aside from those, the shelves in all the other store types are much better than they used to be.

Personal thing, nothing to do with bugs. But I'd maybe like if weapon racks had a backing to them so you don't have to always click exactly on the frame or a weapon to look at the inventory. Although like I said, this isn't a bug, just a personal preference thing.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

ACNAero wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:19 pm Personal thing, nothing to do with bugs. But I'd maybe like if weapon racks had a backing to them so you don't have to always click exactly on the frame or a weapon to look at the inventory. Although like I said, this isn't a bug, just a personal preference thing.
I second this. But I'm very glad to see the mod source is going to be made available to other modders for future-proofing purposes - I don't see this one ever leaving my load order. :)

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

ACNAero wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:19 pm I've ran through all the shops I can, and a few things:

-I cannot interact with any shelves in any bookstores. At all.
-Alchemy stores use the alchemical shelves/cabinets in sets of 4 (two next to each other, backed by two more), but only one in a set will be interactable. Ideally, all 4 should share the inventory.
-The small weapon/armor stores will have a rack backed by a bookshelf with a skull, and the bookshelf is not interactable, only the rack.
-Racks with the armor are not interactible while the weapon racks next to them are. I think they should both share the same inventory if possible.

Aside from those, the shelves in all the other store types are much better than they used to be.

Personal thing, nothing to do with bugs. But I'd maybe like if weapon racks had a backing to them so you don't have to always click exactly on the frame or a weapon to look at the inventory. Although like I said, this isn't a bug, just a personal preference thing.
Thanks a lot! I will try to make it so that weapon shelves trigger even if you click on the hollow parts.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Glad to see this all happening ,)

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Download (windows only for now): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k0Bce ... Ps_cROe_bG

Ok, so I think I've fixed all the known issues with the models now. I'm still unable to create versions for mac and linux. Please test to see if there are any more bugs and I'll put out a more complete release soon.

The issue with the shelves was that I was automatically generating collision meshes which works fine for small simple models but for models that are split into multiple parts the game would only use the collision mesh for a small part (like a single bottle on an alchemy shelf). I fixed this by hand drawing a very simple cube-shaped collision mesh around the models. This seems to have fixed the issue and is also more resource efficient so it should hopefully reduce the impact of the mod on FPS and loading times in interiors.

Plans for moving forward
-Optimization: this will be my main focus now. I would like to simplify collision meshes, reduce polygons for some models and finally figure out how to turn off particle effects for lanterns while the player is far away. This should have no noticeable visual effect but will hopefully further improve FPS and loading times while using this mod.
-Open source: I think I will simply put together all the .prefab files on google drive for anyone to download. That way people could re-package the mod if I go inactive for a long period of time again.
-I've turned on e-mail notifications when someone sends me a private message on the forums.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey AlexanderSig, I just wanted to say it's great to see you around again. :)

I don't know why you're having trouble building for Linux/Mac. Hopefully one of the more experienced mod guys like TheLacus will be along soon to help further.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

When you run the Unity installer you can see a list of checkboxes. Two of them are respectively called Linux Build Support and Mac Build Support or something similar. Hopefully you can run the installer for your installed version to add these two components, without a complete reinstall. ;)