Dev build/Linux: crushed by cave ceiling [RESOLVED]

pango

Dev build/Linux: crushed by cave ceiling [RESOLVED]

Post by pango »

If you push your movement upward in the corner just above, you can be crushed.
In his video, Steep got crushed in a corner of the same cave room while Advanced climbing was forcing the climbing of the wall below the deadly corner, but I couldn't reproduce it (maybe I didn't try hard enough).

I thought you could only be crushed by moving objects now?
Attachments
SAVE159.zip
(245.34 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Re: Dev build/Linux: crushed by cave ceiling

Post by Interkarma »

If we could find an exact spot to reproduce every time, I'll be able to work out why the static check doesn't prevent crushing death in this case. There's likely some edge case or extra condition I did not consider here.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Can you tell me which dungeon this is happening in? If it's one of those cave sections with the winding staircase that runs up close to the ceiling, there is at least 1 dungeon block that has a moving action object there that is supposed to push you off the ledge IIRC.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

I have a savegame attached to the bottom of this post. This room is a good place to test collision/geometry stuff because there are all kinds of places to squeeze into. If you crouch and go behind the chair with the claw (or the stretcher table), then move forward into the back of it, you will suffer a crush death.

Also, if you hop on the chair and try to jump and hit your head on the ceiling, 20% of the time you will trigger a bug that puts your character into crouch mode even though you didn't toggle it yourself. You can uncrouch out of it, however.
SAVE5.zip
(125.45 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

pango

Post by pango »

Hi Lypyl,
LypyL wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:30 am Can you tell me which dungeon this is happening in? If it's one of those cave sections with the winding staircase that runs up close to the ceiling, there is at least 1 dungeon block that has a moving action object there that is supposed to push you off the ledge IIRC.
I'm not sure that's the one, that's a cave room in Ruins of The Ashhouse Farmstead, Daggerfall that looks like this:
cave.jpg
cave.jpg (86.82 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Yeah there is one, right where that loot pile is at the top if that's where he died (it's above the ceiling). It's this triangle object here. That loot pile in your picture is almost directly in front of it.
obj.png
obj.png (321.43 KiB) Viewed 1437 times
I'm not sure where exactly the death occurred or if it's even possible to collide with that under normal circumstances, so it might not actually be relevant at all, just thought it was worth mentioning as it might be a possible explanation.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This one should be resolved now after refinements to crush handling.