[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
ACNAero

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.42b)

Post by ACNAero »

Gone through the shops quickly. All of them are fixed, except the bookstores, which still refuse to work for some reason.

Edit: Some work properly (click anywhere), some only work if you click on the vial of green liquid, others don't work no matter where I click.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

ACNAero wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:10 am Gone through the shops quickly. All of them are fixed, except the bookstores, which still refuse to work for some reason.

Edit: Some work properly (click anywhere), some only work if you click on the vial of green liquid, others don't work no matter where I click.
Can you describe specifically which ones work and which ones don't? Pictures would be nice

@TheLacus: will try that thanks

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

Can you describe specifically which ones work and which ones don't? Pictures would be nice
I posted one of them a few pages back:
https://forums.dfworkshop.net/viewtopic ... 260#p16292

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

Here's the ones from a shop that have at least one of all 3. the file names tell you which one is which
Attachments
non_functional.jpg
non_functional.jpg (204.18 KiB) Viewed 1825 times
green_vial.jpg
green_vial.jpg (237.92 KiB) Viewed 1825 times
fully_functional.jpg
fully_functional.jpg (219.07 KiB) Viewed 1825 times

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Download v1.42c: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xv1xO ... 0I3bmHL7HX

Alright, I think I've fixed all of them now. I've also optimized collision boxes for a bunch of other models to improve performance. iOS and Linux supported.

I would really appreciate if someone running Linux could try this version out because some linux users reported crashing errors with older versions of the mod.

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

AlexanderSig wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:41 pm Alright, I think I've fixed all of them now.
Yup, the bookshelves are fixed now. :) Only thing left from my report list is info mode not bringing up info when clicking on the Fighters Guild unless you click the door.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

AlexanderSig wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:22 pm Download (windows only for now): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k0Bce ... Ps_cROe_bG

Ok, so I think I've fixed all the known issues with the models now. I'm still unable to create versions for mac and linux. Please test to see if there are any more bugs and I'll put out a more complete release soon.

The issue with the shelves was that I was automatically generating collision meshes which works fine for small simple models but for models that are split into multiple parts the game would only use the collision mesh for a small part (like a single bottle on an alchemy shelf). I fixed this by hand drawing a very simple cube-shaped collision mesh around the models. This seems to have fixed the issue and is also more resource efficient so it should hopefully reduce the impact of the mod on FPS and loading times in interiors.

Plans for moving forward
-Optimization: this will be my main focus now. I would like to simplify collision meshes, reduce polygons for some models and finally figure out how to turn off particle effects for lanterns while the player is far away. This should have no noticeable visual effect but will hopefully further improve FPS and loading times while using this mod.
-Open source: I think I will simply put together all the .prefab files on google drive for anyone to download. That way people could re-package the mod if I go inactive for a long period of time again.
-I've turned on e-mail notifications when someone sends me a private message on the forums.
Hallelujah !!!!
Check out my YouTube Channel!

pango

Post by pango »

Hi AlexanderSig,
AlexanderSig wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:41 pm Alright, I think I've fixed all of them now. I've also optimized collision boxes for a bunch of other models to improve performance. iOS and Linux supported.

I would really appreciate if someone running Linux could try this version out because some linux users reported crashing errors with older versions of the mod.
That version loads, and after some testing the models seem to be working just fine. I'll keep testing but I'm confident.
Thank you so much for this mod :D
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

pango wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:36 pm
That version loads, and after some testing the models seem to be working just fine. I'll keep testing but I'm confident.
Thank you so much for this mod :D
Man !

You beat me :D

Oh well, I was gonna say same, all I saw was a candelabra a bit above one of those alters in a room, but that's pretty much it, and that was one in about 20 dungeons or so full of crap.
I think classic does that with candelabras too, and those alters floating are gone, that's what I was looking for..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

pango

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.42c) - Updated february 2019

Post by pango »

pango wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:36 pm That version loads, and after some testing the models seem to be working just fine. I'll keep testing but I'm confident.
I meant to say loads fine on Linux, which was the main question. No more issue to report during last evening tests either.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart