Can I use x32 saves if I upgrade to x64?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
johnwax

Can I use x32 saves if I upgrade to x64?

Post by johnwax »

I've been bumbling along using x32 and have decided to upgrade to x64. I will of course be using the x64 DFU build. Will I be able to transfer over and use my x32s saves?

pango

Re: Can I use x32 saves if I upgrade to x64?

Post by pango »

Hi johnwax,
I assume it should be fine, saves are made of one JPEG image (the screenshot) and JSON files (hence a text based format).
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yes there's no difference regarding saves. When you say you're going to switch from 32 to 64bit version does that mean you're upgrading your OS then?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

johnwax

Post by johnwax »

Hazelnut wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:17 pm does that mean you're upgrading your OS then?
Yes. New hard drive, new copy of Win 7 (I refuse to use Win 10). Will reinstall Daggerfall classic and DFU (64 bit version). Any suggestions?

Have and question for you - You can take screenshots in the classic game and they end up in the PICS folder. How do you take screenshots in DFU and where do they end up?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

There's no screenshot key in DFU, though I really should add one. But you can use PrintScreen to capture a screenshot - or Alt+PrintScreen (active window only) if you're running a windowed view or multi-monitor setup.

johnwax

Post by johnwax »

Tried PrintScreen but couldn't find the image file (located in PICS in classic). Many people have posted screenshots for mods etc. so there must be some standard way to do it even though its not built in.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

PrintScreen takes a screenshot to your clipboard, it doesn't save a file. Just paste your clipboard into a paint app and save.

If you have a GeForce card with Experience installed, you use Alt+F1.

And here's an article showing a variety of ways to take screenshots.

https://www.howtogeek.com/340372/how-to ... -pc-games/