0.7.36 : Gortwog and King of the worm don't talk to me after certain point. [RESOLVED]

usedbananapeel

0.7.36 : Gortwog and King of the worm don't talk to me after certain point. [RESOLVED]

Post by usedbananapeel »

I can no longer talk to Gortwog after medora send me her vision, and so is the King of the worm after he send me his zombie mail.
Game version is pre-alpha 0.7.36, created 3 characters all encounter same problems.
Install normal version Daggerfall by DaggerfallSetup and i haven't us any patch, since it say "Installing some optional mods, such as the language patches, may break compatibility."
Is there anyway to manually fix it or shall i wait for later version instead?

pango

Re: 0.7.36 : Gortwog and King of the worm don't talk to me after certain point.

Post by pango »

Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

theJF

Post by theJF »

I also had these problems but thanks to interkarma's posts in the thread that pango linked there is the solution.
I looked up the quest Id on uesp and searched for that text in the questdata.txt file in the relevant save folder. Then search for the word "isMuted" which will almost certainly have the value "true". Change that to "false" and reload. I've done this two or three times now and each time I was able to continue.
You may want to copy the file as a backup first.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

This does sound like the "mute npc" bug. This one will be resolved in February builds.

Just a note on fix - it will prevent isMuted being stuck in future but does not fix affected saves. If you are hit with this one between now and next release, quickly changing all instances of "isMuted" to false in QuestData.txt is the quick fix as theJF mentions above.