What recording software do you use to record DFU demos?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
MeteoricDragon

What recording software do you use to record DFU demos?

Post by MeteoricDragon »

What video recording software do you use to demo stuff in the development build of DFU in Unity? I try using Xsplit Gamecaster and I get flickers in the video. I think because it's trying to record all of the window panes in unity because it thinks all of them are targets to record. I see a little recording icon in each window pane when starting a recording.

Here is an example of the artifacts I get when recording Unity in GameCaster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH2ABx1IJ_A

Interkarma

Re: What recording software do you use to record DFU demos?

Post by Interkarma »

I use the recording feature that's part of GeForce Experience. It captures really smooth video.

Cristalnoir

Post by Cristalnoir »

I use a HD video recorder connected to the HDMI output of the pc. This allows to have a smooth video without using the material resources.
Cristalnoir studio

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I used OBS but it started to stutter later on, not sure why. So I moved to nVidia recording same as Interkarma, it works really good.

numidium3rd

Post by numidium3rd »

King of Worms wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:16 pm I used OBS but it started to stutter later on, not sure why. So I moved to nVidia recording same as Interkarma, it works really good.
This reply is a couple months late but I've also had issues with OBS stuttering. I've found that DFU's CPU usage goes way up when you're in dungeons for some reason so it and OBS tend to fight over clock cycles. Lowering DFU's priority to minimum from the task manager fixes the problem for me. Doesn't seem to hurt the game's performance much, either.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Come to the Linux side. I use Simple Screen Recorder. It's excellent and free :)