Can I switch temples?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
BansheeXYZ

Re: Can I switch temples?

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Yeah, it would appear that expulsion is kind of broken right now.

-In classic, when you get kicked out, the guild disappears from your "Affiliations" window. But in DFU it stays there. I got myself expelled from the Mage's Guild, rank becomes "Expelled". I got booted from Kynareth and got a rank of "non-member".
-After being expelled from Kynareth, I traveled to a neighboring province with a different god/temple (Arkay). In classic, they accept me. In DFU, they reject me. I did 4 quests in a row to raise my rep with Arkay. Still rejected. Then I went back to Kynareth and did 4 quests with them. Then I went back to Arkay and they accepted me, but instead of saying "you are worthy to join Arkay" they said "you are worth to join Kynareth." So Arkay's guildmaster is acting like the one that just expelled me and thinks he's Kynareth.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Interesting. This makes me wonder what happens if the player ignores the Thieves guild & Dark Brotherhood invitation letters in classic vs. DFU as just like trying to get kicked out of a guild, I've never tried that :?:

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:07 am Yeah, it would appear that expulsion is kind of broken right now.

-In classic, when you get kicked out, the guild disappears from your "Affiliations" window. But in DFU it stays there. I got myself expelled from the Mage's Guild, rank becomes "Expelled". I got booted from Kynareth and got a rank of "non-member".
-After being expelled from Kynareth, I traveled to a neighboring province with a different god/temple (Arkay). In classic, they accept me. In DFU, they reject me. I did 4 quests in a row to raise my rep with Arkay. Still rejected. Then I went back to Kynareth and did 4 quests with them. Then I went back to Arkay and they accepted me, but instead of saying "you are worthy to join Arkay" they said "you are worth to join Kynareth." So Arkay's guildmaster is acting like the one that just expelled me and thinks he's Kynareth.
Could you please post some saves so I can test classic myself and get DFU to match? I'm pretty sure when I tried I couldn't get myself kicked out. Maybe I forgot to wait the 28 days? (so painful at 99 slooow hours at a time)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

You can fast travel instead from one end of the world to another to kill time ;)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yeah I know, but that gets old fast too. I focus on other stuff while it counts, or just take a mental break. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Hazelnut wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:21 pmCould you please post some saves so I can test classic myself and get DFU to match? I'm pretty sure when I tried I couldn't get myself kicked out. Maybe I forgot to wait the 28 days? (so painful at 99 slooow hours at a time)
I'm pretty sure demotion is immediate and has no time passage check. You don't have to wait 28 days between demotions the way you do promotions.

Anyway, saves before expulsion in classic and DFU:
bothexp.zip
(206.12 KiB) Downloaded 139 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

This is now fixed, PR submitted. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, and thanks for providing the saves. Really allowed me to get to the code really quickly.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

Thanks. Out of curiosity, did you unify the internal terminology to non-member? I still don't understand the whole expelled vs non-member thing. As far as I know, you aren't treated differently or given custom responses for having been a prior member vs having never joined.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yes, that was the fix - to remove the membership record entirely.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:21 am Thanks. Out of curiosity, did you unify the internal terminology to non-member? I still don't understand the whole expelled vs non-member thing. As far as I know, you aren't treated differently or given custom responses for having been a prior member vs having never joined.
A mod could take advantage of those two different tags.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.