Our band's debut went well!

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
ByteMixer

Our band's debut went well!

Post by ByteMixer »

We had a good night last Saturday (Feb 2nd). It was our (Blackjack Rose) debut gig at The Grape Room in Manayunk (near Philly). Attendance records for an opening band were broken. We managed to get 60 people show up!!! Awesome sauce! We had a great crowd, good response from the crowd, and most of all, people had fun. Couldn't ask for anything more!

There were some mistakes, but of the unimportant variety.

Here is an unofficial video of one of my songs from the set (I had my wife take video from her phone, and a mic attachment I have): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SudWcjmm1A

Our singer is a little bit of a ham, haha!

Our facebook page and website should have some official photos and maybe some cleaned up videos up soon-ish.
"Whatever you do, make good art." - Neil Gaiman

Jay_H

Re: Our band's debut went well!

Post by Jay_H »

I've had several friends try to live the band life, so this is an interesting close look at the experience :) Good luck! Hope things go well.

ByteMixer

Post by ByteMixer »

I don't know that it's living the band life for me, haha! I'm the youngest at 39. The others are a bit older, and we're pretty much going to stick to doing the local gigs once or twice a month. Our bass player is the only real career musician, and he's fairly well known in some circles.

For me, it is very much a hobby. A little bit of a money generating hobby, sure, but still a hobby. I used to do some IT work, but my wife is actually the bread winner.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I think it's very cool. Hope you enjoy doing it for a long time man!
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Its nice hobby man, I also enjoy doing music, but Im mostly a DJ and sometimes I do liveset using few synths and a PC

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Congrats. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

That looks like a fun night! Good luck with everything, I hope you have years of enjoyment from it. :)

ByteMixer

Post by ByteMixer »

Thanks all!