Making New Books

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Consequence of Grace

Making New Books

Post by Consequence of Grace »

If I created some new books as part of a mod, how would I get them into the game? I could do this with Skyrim and also attach quest stages to them, but I have no clue in Daggerfall.

And how could I get a specific book into a new character's inventory? The Questionnaires can add a random book, but how could I make it specific?

Cheers1

:)

haloterm

Re: Making New Books

Post by haloterm »

I have the same question. Is it possible to add new books?

Consequence of Grace

Post by Consequence of Grace »

Yeah, it looks like it might be very difficult.

I have a Mod for an Alchemist's Guild planned out, but I want specific books for it that can go in their libraries and people can find and read. And access to their library is a low level perk of membership, so people can learn about the mod and new potions that way.

I'd like to add new ingredients as well, and make the Potion Maker name potions.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Book instances can be imported from standard modding locations with bool BookReplacement.TryImportBook(string name, BookFile book). A book instance can also be filled with custom data via BookFile.OpenBook(byte[] data, string name). Additional hooks in core may be needed to effectively make new books available in game to player.