The Big Hello Thread

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Narf the Mouse

Re: The Big Hello Thread

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Welcome! And your English is better than my French, because Je devrais utiliser Google Translate! Heh.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

pango

Post by pango »

Welcome Daichi!
Daichi wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:09 am I am also a small translator of mod from the "Brotherhood of Translator", community for Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout 3, NV, 4, and more ! One day, maybe, our website will welcome the translation of the DFU mods ? ;)
There's already a subsection for translations, and from what I've seen the Projet French Daggerfall guys (and other communities for other languages) are very eager to translate Daggerfall Unity, so I have no doubt about that; It's just that translations, from what I understand, are currently more or less on standby for technical reasons, until the game is basically feature complete...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Daichi

Post by Daichi »

I can imagine that ! ;)
With me, the Project French Daggerfall it works in part with DFU, exept for te dialogue menu : my screen is black. As soon as I leave the dialog window, the screen returns to normal and I can continue to play.
At least, that's how it was in May ! :mrgreen:

What I can hope is a totally compatilibity between DFU and the PFD, with obviously some modifications. The PFD progressing very well, and I hope to be able to play the game in French.
AND, have a french translation for the DFU mods would be even better ! (with a Brotherhood ? :?: :mrgreen: )

SOOO, thank for your answers and your welcomings
I'm French !! INCREDIBEULE ! And I'm not good in English xD

Kilzemmol

Post by Kilzemmol »

Hi all,
I'm french, age 31, I've been a Elder scrolls player since 8y.o with Arena/Daggerfall. I kept asking my father permission to play Daggerfall again and again til he got bored, gave me a Fr-En dictionnary and told me "if you want to play Dagger, don't ask for help you're on your own" :lol:
As far as I can remember I've had at least a Daggerfall installation on each and every PC I've had in my life... :)
With 1 full-time job, my own business (and my wife :lol: ) I've very little time to play video games now but I keep playing an average 4-5hours a month : Age of Empires II, Squad (a mil-sim), Anno games, TES games... Apart from video games I like drawing and basic 3D-modelling, running and martial arts, hiking, poker and pool, military-related stuff (History, strategies, weapons...).

I used to play Daggerfall through DosBox until now when I discovered Daggefall Unity, so I made a fresh Daggerfall installation with GoG, installed some mods and started a new character and I have to say, you guys do a very good job, as usual amongst the TES community ;) keep doing the good work and keeping this awesome game alive !!

archmagus

Post by archmagus »

Hello everyone. My name is Onur, I'm an engineer from Turkey. Two years ago I started learning Unity to start developing games. I could say I chose Unity because of this project, because my dream was to be able to contribute to the Daggerfall remake. I don't know if I'm capable of any contribution but we'll see :)

Cheers.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome! :) In terms of contributing to the project, Interkarma wrote about it over here:
I definitely don't want to exclude new developers from coming into the project. But as far the base game is concerned, that ship has already sailed. My feeling is this late into the project, we've already found every core contributor that's likely to be a part of the base game anyway. I will start directing new contributors towards the mod system as a way of learning about the project and experimenting in a way that doesn't involve changing the core.
There's still tons to do; the remaining work for DFU itself will generally be done by others, but there's still nearly endless amounts of mod content people are hoping for.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Welcome! Looking forward to see what you come up with. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

archmagus

Post by archmagus »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:38 pm There's still tons to do; the remaining work for DFU itself will generally be done by others, but there's still nearly endless amounts of mod content people are hoping for.
Thanks for the info Jay_H :) Of course I would be happy to work on mods to the best of my abilities. Whatever contributes to the society :)

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Greetings everyone.

I've kept a silent watch on this project since early 2016, decided to finally pop my head in and say hello. I admire what has been done so far and am sure I will do so with what is to come as well. Always been a fan of the series, although admittedly most of my playtime lies with Morrowind and Skyrim. This project will introduce the game to a younger generation, as well as people who simply passed it by way back when. I'm mostly going to be chiming in on the bug reports section or perhaps offer some thoughts on a mod here and there.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums Sandro. :) Thank you for your kind words.