[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Narf the Mouse

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.42c) - Updated february 2019

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Edit: Nevermind, my bad. I unzipped the new folder, deleted the old folder, and renamed the new folder same as the old folder, so that my directory junction would point to the exact same spot...

...Without checking the folder structure of the mod. Pretty sure my Windows DFU was loading from the StandaloneLinex folder...

Ok, I finally got around to testing the latest changes today (sorry!). On my setup, I get missing textures everywhere:

A sign:
Model_Replacement_Project_Missing_Texture.jpg
Model_Replacement_Project_Missing_Texture.jpg (329.81 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
The city wall:
Model_Replacement_Project_No_Textures.jpg
Model_Replacement_Project_No_Textures.jpg (202.5 KiB) Viewed 2297 times
Next step is going to be disabling/re-enabling other mods.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

mikeprichard

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.42b)

Post by mikeprichard »

King of Worms wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:24 am Plus the water effect in the fountains is somehow way too bright and shiny, esp noticeable during the night
03.jpg
A little late catching up here, but if this could be fixed in the next version, this mod would be almost perfect. :)

pango

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.42c) - Updated february 2019

Post by pango »

You can't climb down city walls using Advanced Climbing when this module is enabled; You're stopped just a little bit below the battlements.

That's probably some problem of Advanced Climbing though, similar to viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1437
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Does it stil have two separate modules like the prev version? The base and the buildings?
I did not use the building because as it was - the city walls looked GREAT but they were the same for all the regions, so in the desert you had those black city walls and it looked out of place..

Just a note... havent tested ingame as I limit my time at PC now

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

pango wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:46 pm You can't climb down city walls using Advanced Climbing when this module is enabled; You're stopped just a little bit below the battlements.

That's probably some problem of Advanced Climbing though, similar to viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1437
Well, the purpose of city walls is to make it difficult for people to get over them, so... Working as intended? :D
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

New release: v1.43
-2 new models: wall torch and standing torch
-Bookshelves retextured
-Fixed shadows for a couple of models
-Various model/texture improvements and optimizations.
Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pjZFD ... 4ZadQw-_cQ

Here is the open source version of this mod: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nyvtI ... 7Ig_54xJhN. You can remove or modify models/textures and repackage the mod as you please. If you want to contribute an improvement you can send me individual files and I may include it in the next version of the mod.

If anyone has the time and skill to improve or remake the water effects on the well model so it's not so shiny during the night that would be appreciated.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

thanks mate, super appreciated update plus the fact you made the mod open! Slow clap ;)

pango

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.43) - Updated february 2019

Post by pango »

Same here, I like it! Thank you so much
-- Charles Goodhart

mikeprichard

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.43) - Updated february 2019

Post by mikeprichard »

Thanks for open-sourcing this essential mod! And I hope someone can improve the nighttime well water; it's the only aspect of the mod I find a bit jarring. Great work!

pango

Post by pango »

AlexanderSig wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:48 pm If anyone has the time and skill to improve or remake the water effects on the well model so it's not so shiny during the night that would be appreciated.
I assume it'd require to disable "emission" on the water material; But I barely understand how Unity Editor works (any plenty of textures look pink in the editor, even if it's supposed to be a Linux version :? )
-- Charles Goodhart