[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
AlexanderSig

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.43) - Updated february 2019

Post by AlexanderSig »

New model: gold pile

King of Worms

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.43) - Updated february 2019

Post by King of Worms »

...pls dont ever stop :D :geek: :geek:

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Remade the sack shelf model, I was always really dissatisfied with the sacks especially. I found a bunch of high quality models for cheap that I can modify and use for the project which allows me to make progress with my limited amount of free time.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

AlexanderSig wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:56 pm Image

Remade the sack shelf model, I was always really dissatisfied with the sacks especially. I found a bunch of high quality models for cheap that I can modify and use for the project which allows me to make progress with my limited amount of free time.
Good job. Now you just need a back on them, else they will just collapse from lack of structural support.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Depends on what is inside them jayhova... :)

btw, those small sacks can be used on other models as well..
Spoiler!
253_72-0.png
253_72-0.png (344.43 KiB) Viewed 1824 times
253_70-0.png
253_70-0.png (316.93 KiB) Viewed 1824 times
253_36-0.png
253_36-0.png (147.41 KiB) Viewed 1824 times

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:26 am Depends on what is inside them jayhova... :)

Actually that is not the case. All shelves like that have backs for a good reason. You have to have a force holding the structure square or it will collapse under the smallest weight. Essentially, it's like 3 domino's 2 vertical and one laid horizontally across the top. Any lateral pressure on the top domino and the whole thing collapses. You can fix this by engineering the shelves themselves to apply the squaring forces and be very ridged. Otherwise you must include some other squaring structure like diagonal straps.

wire shelves.jpg
wire shelves.jpg (17.65 KiB) Viewed 1815 times
sheet metal shelves.jpg
sheet metal shelves.jpg (27.28 KiB) Viewed 1815 times
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Misunderstood your 1st comment, sry. If I remember right, Alexander decided for this because of esthetic reasons way back at the start.
I just hope for more models man... I know very well if you listen to every comment on every model, sprite, whatever, you never get anywhere... thats just me tho :) His time is limited... Id say he should focus on new models much more than on a back side of shelf... sry :D Just my opinion.

iceking1200

Post by iceking1200 »

i'm getting a bug where i cant enter any residence including quest location residences when i have this mod enabled. I just get "this house has nothing of value".

Just tested it with a new install and with a save already in one of the houses both still say the same thing and i get a "this house has nothing of value" and a black screen when i try to load the game already in the house.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

iceking1200 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:59 pm i'm getting a bug where i cant enter any residence including quest location residences when i have this mod enabled. I just get "this house has nothing of value".

Just tested it with a new install and with a save already in one of the houses both still say the same thing and i get a "this house has nothing of value" and a black screen when i try to load the game already in the house.
Weird, never heard of that happening. Anyone else having this issue?

Made some goblets.

iceking1200

Post by iceking1200 »

Even with the only mod enabled being this one i get the message and can't enter the house
Spoiler!