The Big Hello Thread

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
jayhova

Re: The Big Hello Thread

Post by jayhova »

I would like to give a shout out to two guys I always see on the forums but who don't seem to contribute. A big DFWF welcome to Google [Bot] and Bing [Bot}. These two have been working hard to promote DFU but don't ever contribute to the forums. Such a shame these two are so shy.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome, bots! :lol:

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

The one I found both hilarious and intriguing was the Majestic-12 bot, almost entirely because I'm a huge Deus Ex fan :lol: Then I found out it's a search engine I'd never heard of. The adventures of life!

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Jay_H wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:03 am The one I found both hilarious and intriguing was the Majestic-12 bot, almost entirely because I'm a huge Deus Ex fan :lol: Then I found out it's a search engine I'd never heard of. The adventures of life!
So that's where i remember that name from!

Thanks, it was bugging me. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

Narf the Mouse wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:29 am
Thanks, it was bugging me. :)
Would you like to know more?
Federal Network.jpg
Federal Network.jpg (8.96 KiB) Viewed 4955 times
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Cool, thanks.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Antiscamp

Post by Antiscamp »

Hello, Daggerfall fans!

I am Antiscamp. I've been playing the Elder Scrolls series since Daggerfall in 1996. Daggerfall is one of my all-time favourite games, and in my opinion, the best cRPG ever created. I've been modding the Elder Scrolls to and from since Morrowind.

I found my way here because of Indigo's YouTube interviews with Julian Jensen and Ted Peterson which got me playing Daggerfall again. I am absolutely blown away by all the stuff I've found here with Daggerfall Unity - from the base game to all the awesome mods I'm trying out. You guys have given new life to this fantastic underrated game! A great thank you and a kudos to you guys.

I've setup the game in Unity tonight and am going to have a look at modding it. I'm specifically interested in creating quests and perhaps more involved stories than the general procedural quests. Had I known back in 1996 that I would be allowed to poke around in the game like this and even mod it like 20 years in the future I would have been quite happy.

OK, cheers for now.

Antiscamp

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Welcome to the forums. :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Welcome, many of us share quite simillar stories like yours ,)

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Antiscamp wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:46 pm Hello, Daggerfall fans!

I am Antiscamp. I've been playing the Elder Scrolls series since Daggerfall in 1996. Daggerfall is one of my all-time favourite games, and in my opinion, the best cRPG ever created. I've been modding the Elder Scrolls to and from since Morrowind.

I found my way here because of Indigo's YouTube interviews with Julian Jensen and Ted Peterson which got me playing Daggerfall again. I am absolutely blown away by all the stuff I've found here with Daggerfall Unity - from the base game to all the awesome mods I'm trying out. You guys have given new life to this fantastic underrated game! A great thank you and a kudos to you guys.

I've setup the game in Unity tonight and am going to have a look at modding it. I'm specifically interested in creating quests and perhaps more involved stories than the general procedural quests. Had I known back in 1996 that I would be allowed to poke around in the game like this and even mod it like 20 years in the future I would have been quite happy.

OK, cheers for now.

Antiscamp
Hello Antiscamp! It's been a while. :)
Nice to you here on DFU's forums!

Playing DFU is simply like rediscovering Daggerfall all over again. With the extended view distance, it transforms the game from a "get quest/fast travel/finish quest" to "get quest, walk to your destination/finish quest", making the game far more enjoyable. :)

Enjoy your time with us!