[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
TheLacus

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.43) - Updated february 2019

Post by TheLacus »

The issue is that the game tries to access the mesh collider while AlexanderSig's mod is probably using a primitive one. When this access is avoided the ladder seems to work fine so i guess we can just check the component exists before setting convex property, unless there is a reason to specifically request a mesh collider.

Interkarma

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.43) - Updated february 2019

Post by Interkarma »

Just some background on this. Classic uses a mesh collider for ladders, and I've watched many players click on the empty space between ladder polys and conclude the ladder doesn't do anything. They can't climb it and they can't click it, therefore it's useless. I felt the same way when playing DF back in the day until I discovered that I actually had to click on the solid parts of the ladder to climb them.

So my workaround was to make the ladder mesh collider convex so it becomes a tight box around the whole ladder. Then clicking anywhere in the ladder volume (including between the rungs) will be adequate to trigger climb up or down. Since making this change a year or two ago, I haven't received a single complaint that ladders are broken. But of course, this change conflicted with model replacement here.

The way TheLacus has handled this by making the change conditional is excellent. I also welcome the better handling of exceptions on transition to interior. Thank you Lacus. :)

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Fantastic, thanks for the quick fix :)

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

New release: v1.50
  • 13 new models: sacks (x5), goblets (x5), buckets (x2), candle torch
  • Overhauled sack shelves
  • Halo around city lights now properly turns off during daytime.
  • Fixed issue with not being able to enter some houses.
Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RQxqU ... HOYdN4nqQO

pango

Post by pango »

Hi AlexanderSig,
I noticed something strange with v1.50, background trees show up in black thru lamps lights.
Found that out by arriving at night in Charenfort, Menevia. I'm using Distant Terrain so the town is surrounded by mountains.
lamp landscape.jpg
lamp landscape.jpg (104.62 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
I could later reproduce the issue with only Handpainted Models v1.50 enabled (it's just harder to notice because you're not surrounded with trees)
Attachments
SAVE1.zip
(399.87 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

AlexanderSig wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:46 pm New release: v1.50
  • 13 new models: sacks (x5), goblets (x5), buckets (x2), candle torch
  • Overhauled sack shelves
  • Halo around city lights now properly turns off during daytime.
  • Fixed issue with not being able to enter some houses.
Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RQxqU ... HOYdN4nqQO
Yay !!!
Check out my YouTube Channel!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Updates of this mod make me very happy, Im glad you found the time to improve on it AlexanderSig and just return to the DFU modding community for a while ;)

PS: truth be told, if it was not for you, maybe DREAM would not exist now, because I started to work on the textures you had from the DaggerXL times and that started it all for me... is it already 2 years? :lol:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

That new candle on the stick.. the candle is semi transparent and it looks off...
Plus if the fire on the candle could be animated (even very slightly in a simple way) it would be very nice.
candle.jpg
candle.jpg (86.74 KiB) Viewed 2011 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

This shelf seems to be reverted to vanilla (on a left)
Spoiler!
a.jpg
a.jpg (258.81 KiB) Viewed 2001 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

and one last thing :)
Any plans on having the desert city walls textures made from sandstone?
I can send you the textures...
As it is now, the model uses the black bricks from other regions..
Spoiler!
walls.jpg
walls.jpg (234.3 KiB) Viewed 1995 times