Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Kamer

Re: Warm Ashes: Dangerous Dungeon Exteriors

Post by Kamer »

I'll be sure to expand it when you are able to actually "talk" with creatures. I'm sure that was an idea cut from Daggerfall that might be implemented again.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Still working for me, and this is on the current GitHub version not the live build, so were golden....
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Hey guys I'm at work atm so I've been almost too busy to work on anything in great detail. I'm hoping stat checks gets added next update so I can replace certain skillchecks. I'd like to release the basic wilderness encounter for testing but I'd like it to have more events before I do that. If you guys have any ideas for good/bad encounters, feel free to drop them and I'll see what I can do with them.

Whats currently in Wilderness Encounters Or to be...

Stealth Skill can avoid all encounters by chance. Your chance of avoiding encounters increases with a stealth skill of 60
Streetwise skill determines if you become aware of nearby events (Will be replaced with perception when its added as quest action)
Skills only matter so much, having a good skill in something will not guarantee success, but will increase the odds.
Sometimes, bad luck will guarantee an event will occur no matter what, be it a good or bad encounter

***Humans***

-Bandits (Always hostile, random number of foes)

-Highwaymen (Streetwise skill can fool him, Etiquette skills can persuade him.)

-Group of Warriors (Always Neutral, can be robbed)

-Traveling Knights/Priests (Good unless the player has a negative reputation with their associated guild)

--Both knights and priests will ask the player to come with them if they have a negative rep to speak to a representative of their guild.
--If you speak with the representative of their guild, they will offer you to cut ties with all "Evil" factions and they will clear your faction
rep with them, associated guilds, and the legal rep.
--Declining to go with the knight will make him hostile, the priest will not.
--After declining, you can attempt to use the Etiquette skill to pacify the knight.
--If you're not a known criminal, they can also be robbed

-Thieves Group (Same as bandits, but won't attack associates of the Thieves Guild)

-Assassin's (Won't attack player unless high rep with "Good Guilds" or a negative reputation with the Dark Brotherhood.)

***Creatures***

-Squad of Orcs (Can pacified with the Orcish skill)

-Giant (Can be pacified with Giantish skill. Will have an animal companion with him)

-Centaur Pack (Can be pacified with skill)

***Night Dangers***

Anything above can still happen however, during the night, more random encounters can happen.

Gargoyles, Zombies, Bats, Vampires, Vampire Lords, Wereboars, Werewolves, and Daedra will all have a chance to spawn with buffs or in numbers.
It's not a massive chance to run into them, but it adds pressure when traveling at night.

Special Events

-Quests (You could randomly find yourself unknowingly stepping into a quest or maybe the people you befriended on the road might have given you a hint to a possible job, or task that needs doing. Sometimes good rep or skill can lead you to a new adventure.

-Small Events They might not be a large quest, but they are smaller events that will take place usually within the same area, or within a local location.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I used Jay's updated Quest List again to re-fix the older version. I'm also releasing an early version.

Download: Warm Ashes V2

Wilderness Encounters: Wilderness Encounters

You should be able to use V2 and Wilderness together though this will probably be the last time I update that version. The Wilderness events "work" with Tedious Travel however they will not stop you from traveling. Maybe that can be fixed later but as of right now, it doesn't work right.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for a update!
I will try to give feedback during the weekend hopefully ;)

Midknightprince

Kamer wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:53 pm I used Jay's updated Quest List again to re-fix the older version. I'm also releasing an early version.

OOOOOOOOO
Thank you Kramer !

Midknightprince

How do I activate whatever came in the wilderness folder ?

I unzipped everything in the Kramer one just like warm ashes, it looks like this..Kramer>WAQ-3-Wilderness>WAQ-Core ( and the .Text are in the last one, is that right ?

I also put all the files in the quest folder just like warm ashes so I can get it running from the console during an existing game.
So I'm assuming warm ashes controls this thing and since it's currently running in my game it should just turn on right ?

I'm specifically talking about the new Wilderness thing.

EDIT: I think it's working, is getting mobbed by lycanthropes constantly a good sign ? If not I don't care I like the direction my game is taking :D

Midknightprince

Okay I don't think it's working, I'll wait for you to get back to me.

If there's a thread for the Wilderness stuff just put a link here, I'm going to play, just tell me what I have to do to get it started for an existing game, or if I have to start over if that's cool, I will do it.

Midknightprince

So with the Wilderness encounters, it's going off in dungeons as well as the Overworld map.
I like all the different quests, but coming across a campsite in the woods in a dungeon ( especially when you're sleeping).....

Everything else seems to work.

Midknightprince

Kamer wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:53 pm I used Jay's updated Quest List again to re-fix the older version. I'm also releasing an early version.

You should be able to use V2 and Wilderness together though this will probably be the last time I update that version. The Wilderness events "work" with Tedious Travel however they will not stop you from traveling. Maybe that can be fixed later but as of right now, it doesn't work right.

To get Wilderness encounters to work for an already started character copy and paste everything out of both Kramer folders ( as in copy and paste, NOT drag and drop) into your quest folder, leave the Kramer stuff where it is just copy and paste...

From the game proper, type in startquest WAQ00.

The intro message will pop up, and viola warm ashes wilderness will show up in the quest tracker...

I suggest not turning this on until you have exited privateers hold because the stuff will spawn when you try to sleep..
Last edited by Midknightprince on Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.