Modding Tutorials

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
mikeprichard

Re: Modding Tutorials

Post by mikeprichard » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:27 am

UserOfThisSite wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:11 am
It's very easy, someone simply need to change those values to public, it's few seconds work. For example I can do that for my own Daggerfall, but then it won't be a mod any longer, but a hack. If DFU devs change those values to public on some newer version, then I'll update my mod.
Ah, in that case, I hope they do. (hint hint) Thanks again for this - when you think it's ready, would be great to see this in the "Released Mods" forum.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:27 pm

Generally if something is not exposed to mods and someone needs it for something, I or one of the other devs have done the work to expose it. That's how the formula can be overridden - it was requested and I implemented it.

I don't think I'd want to simply make it public in this case, but the bonusPool calculation could easily be moved into a formula that can be overridden by a mod. Unless anyone has objections to it...?

i think we're quite offtopic for this pinned thread so please post a request in work requests forum. :)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:01 pm

Thanks, Hazelnut! I just created a new topic for this in the Work Requests forum.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:39 pm

Looks like the Work Requests forum's been removed - my separate topic on this is now in the General forum (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1893).