HD Pre-rendered Daggerfall Sprites

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Th3AustralianGam3r

Re: HD Pre-rendered Daggerfall Sprites

Post by Th3AustralianGam3r »

Kamer wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:46 am Flesh Golem walk test:

Spoiler!
Flesh_Golem.gif

In Game Test:
Wow!!! seeing this is very exciting, good work, is this model final or still a work in progress? also are you gonna add shadows?

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Th3AustralianGam3r wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:42 am
Kamer wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:46 am Flesh Golem walk test:

Spoiler!
Flesh_Golem.gif

In Game Test:
Wow!!! seeing this is very exciting, good work, is this model final or still a work in progress? also are you gonna add shadows?
It's always a work in progress on my end. I'm always seeing things I need to tweak all the time. Just to say I've finished something for once I can release on here, Here is the first version of the Flesh Golem!

Flesh Golem V1

To install, just unzip contents into the Textures Folder in your DFU dictionary.

Note it's pre-rendered and not a full 3D model. (I would need help from someone to do that.) As such the walk animation I shown early is cut down from 32 walking frames to just 4. I'm not even sure if putting 3D models in DFU is possible right now and I know for a fact you can only increase animation frames on static objects unfortunately. However I would like you to download this and see how you like it. I'm not sticking to the 1:1 recreation I said I would earlier but that's to give a bit more details and variety with these models. I still want to be very faithful to the originals however.
Attachments
Flesh_Golem Download2.png
Flesh_Golem Download2.png (1.28 MiB) Viewed 4005 times

charlieg

Post by charlieg »

That looks really good. Now we've got something that can be tried out with @MasonFace's spriter.

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Looks fantastic! Can't wait to give this a try!
That looks really good. Now we've got something that can be tried out with @MasonFace's spriter.
Oh yeah, that old thing... been meaning to get back to that for a while now. I'm still not sure how to proceed with integrating it into DFTU. For static objects, I think I just need to add the sprite components to the GameObject prefab, but for MOBs I think I will either need modding hooks, or we will have to wait until 3D model asset injections are supported for MOBs. Regardless, I could at least put it in a mock up demo scene to give us an idea of what it would look like in game.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

MasonFace wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:16 pm Looks fantastic! Can't wait to give this a try!
Oh yeah, that old thing... been meaning to get back to that for a while now. I'm still not sure how to proceed with integrating it into DFTU. For static objects, I think I just need to add the sprite components to the GameObject prefab, but for MOBs I think I will either need modding hooks, or we will have to wait until 3D model asset injections are supported for MOBs. Regardless, I could at least put it in a mock up demo scene to give us an idea of what it would look like in game.
I can at least send you the obj file so we can go ahead and see what needs to be worked out instead of waiting later.

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

I can at least send you the obj file so we can go ahead and see what needs to be worked out instead of waiting later.
Sounds good. Send away!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Did some test renders of the archer. What do you think?
Spoiler!
Archer03.png
Archer03.png (169.83 KiB) Viewed 3894 times
Archer02.png
Archer02.png (184.45 KiB) Viewed 3894 times
Archer.png
Archer.png (140.67 KiB) Viewed 3894 times

charlieg

Post by charlieg »

Honestly it still looks a bit claymation and not particularly human.

I think you are on a journey, a positive journey, of learning how to do this and you will look back at these as an important step in the journey but you still have a ways to go yet. Please don't stop. I enjoy watching the progress.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

charlieg wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:13 am Honestly it still looks a bit claymation and not particularly human.

I think you are on a journey, a positive journey, of learning how to do this and you will look back at these as an important step in the journey but you still have a ways to go yet. Please don't stop. I enjoy watching the progress.
I gave them textures but imo I like the clay look a lot.I might do two different versions just cause even though I feel like they clay look would look better in Daggerfall, a more realistic look will suit other people more. Then again, I might as well make more realistic models for those.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

This is what I mean by not doing 1:1 models. Instead I'd like to focus on adding different features like giving some humans shields when in combat as an example.

TEST_Warrior_01.png
TEST_Warrior_01.png (667.85 KiB) Viewed 3828 times