[MOD] Trees Of Daggerfall

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
VMblast

Re: Trees Of Daggerfall

Post by VMblast »

mikeprichard wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:47 pm Do you think it will eventually be possible to run this smoothly on higher terrain distance settings? That would be truly epic. Either way, these screens are amazing.
I talked to @TheLacus about this issue. For now setting of 1 have to be default one (sry guys), until we find some better tech solution. And yes, that wold be epic and we all strive to it, to achieve it. ;)

MasonFace wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:53 pm Does the SpeedTree asset give you much control over the LOD's? Could you possible replace the highest LOD with the original tree sprites with the DFU billboard shader? Your trees so closely resemble their vanilla ancestors that I doubt it would even be very noticeable.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure you'll be able to override the LODs since SpeedTree uses a special shader to blend between the LODs. But maybe it's worth a shot?
SPTree gives great control over LOD's setup. However thats not the issue.

Well, I tried replacing SPTree billboards with DFU one way before, but that didnt work as the trees at the billboard LOD distance just disappeared. However, Ive talked to @TheLacus and maybe this issue could be resolved simply by switching back to DFU billboards from the distance of 2 - 4. They will be so small that it wouldnt be any noticeable difference between SPTree and DFU ones. But, I cant say anything more about it, since Im not tech guy and this have to be resolved internaly, in code I think.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

MasonFace wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:53 pm Does the SpeedTree asset give you much control over the LOD's? Could you possible replace the highest LOD with the original tree sprites with the DFU billboard shader? Your trees so closely resemble their vanilla ancestors that I doubt it would even be very noticeable.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure you'll be able to override the LODs since SpeedTree uses a special shader to blend between the LODs. But maybe it's worth a shot?
I second this. I actually confused most 2d from 3d trees while trying it out. Should save a lot of memory.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

The store next door. :P

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

It looks great mate... just needed to add a lot of brightness in photoshop to actually see it on my dark monitor :)
But yea, its just awesome!!

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:28 pm It looks great mate... just needed to add a lot of brightness in photoshop to actually see it on my dark monitor :)
But yea, its just awesome!!
Lol, yeah it was late afternoon ingame I think (around 18h), it was pretty dark. :P

Anw, here's question for you guys. It was only ten plants left: Little tree on the rock, mushroom and rest was those small plants and flowers. Do you want me to release MOD as it is now (beta 1)?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Im just quite sure those little assets look actually good as they are... I personally LOVE the 2d/3d blend in this game... But I might be wrong and in game, when all is 3d it would be better. I just doubt it... and would like to see the 2d aspect of the game kept alive.

Because, there will still be 2d assets. Like NPCs atd.. so... I vote for 2d/3d blend, keep the big trees 3d, small assets 2d.

Its just me tho... and release whenever you feel like it :)

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Beta released. Download on the first page.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1826&p=21285#p21285

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Great work! I'll move this one to Released Mods so it gets more visibility. Let me know if you prefer it to remain out of Released Mods for now and I'll move it back.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Interkarma wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:39 pm Great work! I'll move this one to Released Mods so it gets more visibility. Let me know if you prefer it to remain out of Released Mods for now and I'll move it back.
Thanks man. No, leave it there. I need to finish like 8-9 more small assets (not that impactful ones) and its complete. Ofc, I have to do the winter set as well, but that will go quickly (already done tests) since I have all the assets made -they just need white overhaul. ;)

PS -btw winter set replacement do not work in fixed areas, thats a shame.

pango

Post by pango »

Sadly, it didn't work for me under Linux (pink textures):

Code: Select all

(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)

Desired shader compiler platform 15 is not available in shader blob

(Filename:  Line: 561)

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Transparent/Cutout/VertexLit' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
ERROR: Shader Shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Transparent/Cutout/VertexLit' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Nature/SpeedTree' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Nature/SpeedTree' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Nature/SpeedTree' - Pass 'PREPASS' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Nature/SpeedTree' - Pass 'PREPASS' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Nature/SpeedTree' - Pass 'DEFERRED' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Nature/SpeedTree' - Pass 'Meta' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Nature/SpeedTree' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Nature/SpeedTree' - Pass 'DEFERRED' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Nature/SpeedTree' - Pass 'Meta' has no vertex shader

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Nature/SpeedTree Billboard' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Nature/SpeedTree Billboard' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Nature/SpeedTree Billboard' - Pass 'PREPASS' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Nature/SpeedTree Billboard' - Pass 'PREPASS' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Nature/SpeedTree Billboard' - Pass 'DEFERRED' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Nature/SpeedTree Billboard' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Nature/SpeedTree Billboard' - Pass 'DEFERRED' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Nature/SpeedTree Billboard' - Pass 'ShadowCaster' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Nature/SpeedTree Billboard' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
I used StandaloneLinux/trees of daggerfall.dfmod, but don't know how to check if it's really built for the Linux platform...
I'm using dev build compiled with Unity 2018.2.21f1, if that matters.
Attachments
Player.log.zip
(8.57 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart