Christchurch Attack

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Feralwarlord

Christchurch Attack

Post by Feralwarlord »

Well today some fucking psychos decided to live-stream themselves shooting up some mosques in Christchurch https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zea ... ant=tb_v_2
Thankfully the family I have down there seem to be okay, but I hope they dump these assholes in the deepest darkest hole they they can find and leave them there to rot :x

King of Worms

Re: Christchurch Attack

Post by King of Worms »

What are mosques doing in a Christchurch?
Anyway, good that your fam is ok!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Glad to hear your family's okay. What an awful attack. I'm actually surprised they managed to catch the perpetrator alive, since there seem to be few cases when that happens nowadays. Here's waiting for the 280-year sentence this'll merit.

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

My deepest condolences. This is simply terrible.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

At least they'll be easy to catch. My sympathies.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

MiroslavXO

Post by MiroslavXO »

Do not misunderstand me, I am certainly against any kind of violence and terrorism, but whenever the victims are muslims it is important that all of the world's media have it on their main pages.
When it comes to christian victims it is almost normal for them. Will we ever learn that we can not live in peace, at least not as long as the system is programming us, and without a good law of course, I think it is certainly not possible.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

From my experience, sickening events of mass murder tend to make international news regardless of which faith the victims followed. Sadly this attack was racially motivated, and the victims were murdered in their place of worship, so there's no getting around that aspect of it in the news.

So far these forums have been pretty much a blank slate for discussions around politics, race conflicts, and religious beliefs. I'd like it to stay that way if possible. Nobody will change the world with their opinions on some obscure video game forum. All we can do is set a good example and be awesome to each other here.

MiroslavXO

Post by MiroslavXO »

^

That is a really poetic way to say let's put this thing under a carpet, just like we are doing it in the real world, turning our heads aside.
But just to say this...
From my experience if you don't submit to the new world order, and if you disobey the great powers, they will destroy you in any way they can, if not military then economically. Either way you will pay in the end. With resources, money or blood.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I wasn't trying to be poetic, I was being quite literal. None of us are going to change the world by expressing our opinions on some obscure video game forum. That's not how the world works. All we can accomplish is making people here happy or unhappy. The world will keep on rolling no matter what, it doesn't care about us. Personally, I'd rather spend my time building something that brings other other people joy.

I was also setting my expectations for forum behaviour. I would like these forums to remain free of politics and divisive issues. Considering this particular event has descended from violent tragedy into a political stage, I can't see any benefit in keeping this topic open any longer.