Quest Editor

For all talk about quest development - creation, testing, and quest system.
Jay_H

Re: Quest Editor

Post by Jay_H »

Hooray! It's back in action :D Thank you!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Jay_H wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:58 pm Hooray! It's back in action :D Thank you!
Great! But what do you mean with transferring the workspace? I see that your Github project contains two folders, PQP and QP1. Do you open vscode on the root folder (dfunity-questpacks) or you work directly inside StreamingAssets/QuestPacks and make a copy everytime you push to git?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I permanently include my Github folder as part of the workspace, and I add and remove the working folders of DFU with each new version since I only keep a few installed at a time. Since I delete the old versions, I have to update the location of things like the Tables folder periodically. But rarely things like this happen where something breaks and I just remove everything and replace it, which in the past fixed the problem :D But now I know more specifically what to update when new releases of DFU come out.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Version 0.7.0 is released. As always, changelog and download. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

YES! Thank you! :D You have no idea how incredibly helpful this tool has been. The last time it wasn't working (a few weeks ago when I had the problem with workspaces) I tried writing two quests in a single night and had massive difficulty with it. This is a total game-changer.

I should mention Interkarma's going to enable "house" as a place value soon in addition to "house1," "house2," and so on, to allow flexibility in quests. I don't believe I saw that in your changes so I mention it for your next update.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:01 pm YES! Thank you! :D You have no idea how incredibly helpful this tool has been. The last time it wasn't working (a few weeks ago when I had the problem with workspaces) I tried writing two quests in a single night and had massive difficulty with it. This is a total game-changer.
Thank you Jay_H, it's great to hear that is being useful. I'm always happy to help if there is any issue or suggestion :)
Jay_H wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:01 pm I should mention Interkarma's going to enable "house" as a place value soon in addition to "house1," "house2," and so on, to allow flexibility in quests. I don't believe I saw that in your changes so I mention it for your next update.
Interkarma added "house" to Quests-Places.txt table, so as long as tablesPath points to the correct folder it should be already usable inside actions that accept a place.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Oh good! Then that should take care of itself :) Thank you.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Version 0.8.0 is available (changelog).
PS: Jay I sent you a PR with a configuration file :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Merged. I dunno what it'll do but everyone else knows how to do things better than me :lol:

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Jay_H wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:32 pm Merged. I dunno what it'll do but everyone else knows how to do things better than me :lol:
Thanks. It's the configuration file for the project, when you open the repository from vs code it will use it to set file associations. You can also add other settings to it. ;)