Tedious Travel 0.4.2 (2019-10-16)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
jayhova

Re: Tedious Travel 0.3.0

Post by jayhova »

jedidia wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:13 am
"Religiously attached" is taking a bit far! :lol:
I might like the idea of Tedious Travel, but as it is, I am not allowed to practise the heresy of fast travel and the one true path of Tedious Travel at the same time. So I say " I like the idea of tedious travel. I'm just not religiously attached to it." because I don't wish to make the sacrifice.

You made it just the way you wanted it and not to coexist with fast travel simultaneously. And that's okay, It's just not what I would prefer. Then again you are not obligated to do as I prefer. Still it's an impressive mod.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

I just went to the GitHub version and this is still working for me just thought I'd let you know...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Hello Jedidia,

Simply wanted to say a big thank you for Tedious Travel. I used to run 0.2.2 and had to travel at 10X or 15X speed max to have it smooth and after upgrading I've managed to go to 100X on a clear day. When it rains I can manage 20-25X without too many hiccups. My computer is also 10 year old so that's a big factor. :)

Aside from enjoying the sights, I really enjoy having to plan my travels with the inns one the way to my destination. I choose the "Staying awake and alert" background for my character, which means I need to take a few hours rest if I travel for more than 6-8 hours.

It also encourages me to avoid traveling at nighttime. My other favourite feature are how Daggerfall's random encounters blend so well with Tedious Travel. I never know when a monster will spawn in between locations, making me anxious to arrive as soon as possible safe and sound. My character being a puny level 2 Healer, giant bats are still a big threat. I ran away from many random encounters while traveling.

Thanks again. It really shows just how huge the scope of the game is. :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Hmm... now I'm thinking of a mod that makes night travel extremely dangerous, like from 7PM to 5AM horrible creatures would spawn in the wilderness (vampires, gargoyles, zombies). That'd add some impact to the planning many people are already doing with Tedious Travel.

jedidia

Post by jedidia »

So basically you want to turn the entire game into the city of daggerfall? :lol:
Or you could just add the Bogeyman from dwarf fortress...

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:31 pm Hmm... now I'm thinking of a mod that makes night travel extremely dangerous, like from 7PM to 5AM horrible creatures would spawn in the wilderness (vampires, gargoyles, zombies). That'd add some impact to the planning many people are already doing with Tedious Travel.
I'm kinda doing that already with Warm Ashes

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Excellent. Way to have the bases covered :)

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Yea hopefully I can release a test version of that very soon.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I'd like random encounters to be biased based on when a creature is likely to attack. I'm not sure if it's like that now but you should not be attacked by a giant bat in the middle of the day. Of course being attacked by an ancient lich while wandering the countryside seems a bit remote as well.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

The problem i have with Tedious Travel is that when then player runs into bandits or a negative encounter, they player will resume travel and bypass the encounter. Its fine for passive events but it def doesn't stop the player from traveling.

EDIT: AN easy fix to this is if it's possible to stop travel when player receives a message? WA was working fine but now it isn't. Seems to be outrunning enemy spawns.