bonusPool calculation - request to allow override by mods

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
mikeprichard

bonusPool calculation - request to allow override by mods

Post by mikeprichard »

As recently discussed in a separate topic (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=277&start=70#p21900), I'd appreciate it if Hazelnut or another dev could please move the bonusPool calculation (re: the min/max range values of attribute/stat points awarded at player level-up) into a formula that can be overridden by a mod (specifically, UserOfThisSite's work-in-progress "Static Leveling" mod). Thanks!

mikeprichard

Re: bonusPool calculation - request to allow override by mods

Post by mikeprichard »

Just checking in on this request - has this now been exposed to the mod system as well? Not sure whether Interkarma's release notes for the second March round of builds is referring to this ("Exposed maximum stat ceiling formula to mod system (Interkarma)") or to something else similar that UserOfThisSite was working on in his Static Leveling mod-in-progress. Cheers!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I've just merged this change for you now.

If a mod overrides formula "BonusPool", it can return any value it wants from that custom formula. Default implementation will return 4-6 as normal. Support for this formula override will be in next round of builds.

If a mod overrides formula "MaxStatValue" it can put a custom ceiling other than 100 on player attributes. For example, it could raise the attribute ceiling to 200, or lower it to 50. This override is live now in March 0.7.91 builds.

I hope that helps! :)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Great; thanks, Interkarma! If UserOfThisSite doesn't come back after the next builds when this is available to work more on his mod, what I'd like to do (with his permission) is expand his mod with an in-game mod settings menu for his improvements to Endurance/hit point gain per level (allowing players to toggle the feature on/off), and also allow players to set a fixed value for attribute/stat points awarded per level (maybe from 0-20, inclusive, instead of the random 4-6 in classic). I hope that should be relatively simple even for someone like me who hasn't yet read Lypyl's/TheLacus's mod tutorials, but we'll see how it goes. Anyway, I appreciate it!