[MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v2.10b)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Cliffworms

Re: [MOD] Handpainted model replacement project (Release v1.57)

Post by Cliffworms »

I love the look of these new loot piles. Can't wait to decorate my house with them. :)
The extra gem and bracelet are a good idea.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I agree some artistic freedom is necessary.
Just a note tho.. when u pick up the pile,its shown in the inventory in form of sprite. So it should be somehow simmilar to that. I can alter the sprites to work with your mod as well.

I think the bag is missing in the last pile.

DMKW

Post by DMKW »

That last "bone" looks like a skeletal forearm and hand. You can see the gap between the radius and ulna.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

AlexanderSig wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:49 pm Thanks guys :)

I sent TheLacus a PM a few days ago about the floating models, he's looking into it :)

16/26 treasure piles now done.
There are now two components named ObjectPositioner and WallPropPositioner. The first allows to set a direction where a collider is seeked and perform a transition on the target object. For example you want to use Down for dungeon treasures. WallPropPositioner additionally adjusts rotation and vertical alignment and is meant to replace FaceWall. This one should still be working but it will be eventually removed. I also added an interface which should be helpful if a mod want to provide its own asset positioning. Tell me if this satisfies all needs and everything works correctly :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I saw this on Git, looks really promising. Also, the ability to edit that red region map part. Will be great! Thank you, looking fwd to a new version..

I also saw something about read/write enable flag on git from you, but Im not sure its already in? I think it was not the latest " Allow readonly flag for billboards"I thought it might have been something to tell the modders, if the flag should be on or off. That would be really helpfull. But I can be completely wrong.

EDIT: IT might be cool if these advancements in a modding system could be listed in some dedicated thread, so ppl who do modding can be up to speed. (some improvements/advancements I found out just by luck - like the arrows and text buttons for a global map are working) But I completely understand if this is just added work for you and you dont have a time for it. I will try to look on git more, to keep up with the progress. Thanks for pushing it fwd all the time

EDIT 2: Also, if the terrain textures could have normal maps in a same way other textures can have them.. that would be helpfull. I know the loose files might work in this case, but its not really that conveninent to end users

Anyway, sorry for a offtopic! :oops:

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

TheLacus wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:13 pm There are now two components named ObjectPositioner and WallPropPositioner. The first allows to set a direction where a collider is seeked and perform a transition on the target object. For example you want to use Down for dungeon treasures. WallPropPositioner additionally adjusts rotation and vertical alignment and is meant to replace FaceWall. This one should still be working but it will be eventually removed. I also added an interface which should be helpful if a mod want to provide its own asset positioning. Tell me if this satisfies all needs and everything works correctly :)
Awesome, thanks a lot :)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:11 pm I also saw something about read/write enable flag on git from you, but Im not sure its already in? I think it was not the latest " Allow readonly flag for billboards"I thought it might have been something to tell the modders, if the flag should be on or off. That would be really helpfull. But I can be completely wrong.
This is an optimization for loose files, you are already doing it manually if you build a mod. I think one of the negative aspects of dfmods is that read/write flag is up to modders while this is something that need be decided depending on how textures are used internally. I'm looking forward to the upgrade to Unity 2018.3 because this will allows to check at runtime if texture is readable. While this doesn't solve the issue completely, i intend to add this check to texture import to make debug easier and avoid issues to be accumulated when reading is attempted and failed.
King of Worms wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:11 pm EDIT: IT might be cool if these advancements in a modding system could be listed in some dedicated thread, so ppl who do modding can be up to speed. (some improvements/advancements I found out just by luck - like the arrows and text buttons for a global map are working) But I completely understand if this is just added work for you and you dont have a time for it. I will try to look on git more, to keep up with the progress. Thanks for pushing it fwd all the time
The idea is to have dfworkshop.net/projects/daggerfall-unity/modding/ as the main modding reference and this is where i update all the documentation. There is also the changelog written by Interkarma at every release, but following git is a great idea to see things happening live ;)
King of Worms wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:11 pm EDIT 2: Also, if the terrain textures could have normal maps in a same way other textures can have them.. that would be helpfull. I know the loose files might work in this case, but its not really that conveninent to end users
You should be able to provide normal maps via mods if you include raw textures following loose files nomenclature, much like emission maps for sprites. The reason not to use materials is that terrain has its own shader and textures are not handled like the others.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Work in progress

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

https://www.pamono.com/antique-american ... trunk-1870
antique-american-curved-trunk-1870[1].jpg
antique-american-curved-trunk-1870[1].jpg (53.46 KiB) Viewed 2014 times
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Yeah I tried it similar to that originally but just wasn't able to make it look good in 3d, I will make the chest a little closer to the original though.

Early WIP on the texture