[Mod] New Locations

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: [Mod] New Locations

Post by King of Worms »

I hope we get some noob-friendly guidelines on how to actually use this mod.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

You guys did eventually figure it out right? Now we can play the way Daggerfall is meant to be played by carrying large boulders across the land.

WelcometoBigAssRock.png
WelcometoBigAssRock.png (748.08 KiB) Viewed 6353 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I still await the UVs explanation on how to use this.
This would be my thing after DREAM...
So I hope someone can explain it to me.
U know how to use it Kamer?

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:02 am I still await the UVs explanation on how to use this.
This would be my thing after DREAM...
So I hope someone can explain it to me.
U know how to use it Kamer?
I've spent all night tonight to figure it out after I finally figured out how to use DFTFU. It's actually really easy though I'm doing more testing to make sure I can insert things consistently. After that may you like a tutorial on it? I might could do one.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Only issue I ahve with it right now is knowing where to put locations at. Daggerfall is so massive that even a big area can be hidden behind trees.

I know you can get the region/location coordinates in the console. Is there any way to get world x and y coordinates at the player location? I think that would make it a lot easier to find and test these locations.

Spoiler!
Battlefield.png
Battlefield.png (1.67 MiB) Viewed 6334 times

chtujo

Post by chtujo »

Kamer wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:22 am Only issue I ahve with it right now is knowing where to put locations at. Daggerfall is so massive that even a big area can be hidden behind trees.

I know you can get the region/location coordinates in the console. Is there any way to get world x and y coordinates at the player location? I think that would make it a lot easier to find and test these locations.

Spoiler!
Battlefield.png
Try 'tdbg'.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

CHAPPJO wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:45 am Try 'tdbg'.
Is there a way to get pixel coordinates? Daggerfall for example is x207 y213.

EDIT: I see it is up there as well. Thanks a bunch!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Some basic tutorial would be great!

This is the thing I would like to move to after DREAM is done, which might be relatively soon (theoretically, it will never be really done)

I would like to improve the main quest dungeons exterior locations for example.
They are so barren it kills me.
If thats even possible, but I guess it is?

Thank you!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:45 pm Some basic tutorial would be great!

This is the thing I would like to move to after DREAM is done, which might be relatively soon (theoretically, it will never be really done)

I would like to improve the main quest dungeons exterior locations for example.
They are so barren it kills me.
If thats even possible, but I guess it is?

Thank you!
It most definitely is. When I get time today, I'll be sure to drop something that you guys will hopefully understand as I am bad at explaining things. Its actually quite simple and easy to use. Only complaint atm is the fact that there is very limited amounts of things right now in terms of 3d models and billboards. We will have to wait till Uncanny comes back and updates it with more stuff.

My hopes are for NPC billboards, buildings, loot, mobs, and really just more stuff from vanilla. I'd like to make farmlands outside of cities.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

If I may suggest, one video can speak a hundret of words :)

I remember Lacus patiently explaining to me how to create a materials in Unity for weeks, and I was not able to understand it and was completely frustrated. Than Quasifex made a 1 minute video of creation of one material, and it was clear what to do.

But this might be different case ofc

Thanks in advance!

And yes, basically everything from vanilla should be possible to place... lets hope UV comes back - he always returned so far, but it takes many months :D

Cant wait to move on to something new!!