Daggerfall Spiritual Successor Project (Artists Needed!)

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
MrFlibble

Re: Daggerfall Spiritual Successor Project (Artists Needed!)

Post by MrFlibble »

This is excellent news, and I wish you guys best of luck with this project!
selewi wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:38 am I've been working on something really similar to a Daggerfall spiritual successor for 2-3 months. I'm mainly a programmer, but I took the role of designer and even started doing my own 3D assets for the game. I'm starting to get a bit sad because I'm realizing the scope of this project it's kinda large for one person. My idea is making a dungeon crawler like Daggerfall, with that kind of 90’s graphics, but with Morrowind gameplay and mechanics, I've got working some interesting mechanics like the effect systems used in MW (for enchantments/spells).

You can find a lot of gifs and screenshots of my game on my Twitter -> https://twitter.com/selewidev
Hey, that's some cool stuff you've got going on there!

chtujo

Post by chtujo »

This sounds exciting! Any chance of this coming to Linux?

Zarrgon66

Post by Zarrgon66 »

are learning devs welcome to join the project, I have an art degree and I've sent a email.

Taemos

Post by Taemos »

I haven't done any sort of art in years, but I might try a few things to see if I can find some fun in it again.

Either way, I just wanted to let you guys (Indigo, Julian, Ted) know that I found myself shouting "Hell yes!" upon reading this news. My wallet is ready.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I'm going to suggest Alexey Rudikov His morrowind art is some of my favorite. His contact email is on the page.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

DMKW

Post by DMKW »

Have you contacted MIchael Kirkbride? Couldn't hurt to ask.

Indigo

Post by Indigo »

Thanks for all your suggestions, everyone! I've been trying to individually reply to everyone through this forum, my Discord, email, etc. but in case I missed you, my most direct line is through my email address: ian@indigogaming.net

Thanks so much, very exciting to get such an amazing response to the project, with so many willing contributors!

DMKW

Post by DMKW »

Could you share a link to your discord channel?

Alexander DeLarge

Post by Alexander DeLarge »

Glad to see these guys working together again. Have you looked into the technical viability of OpenMW? Imagine a Daggerfall successor that was open source and moddable using a recreation of the same toolset that fans of the series are already extremely comfortable with.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Normally, my response to "We have no money and big ideas" is to suggest a less ambitious project.

In this case, you have a proven team, so good luck - I'm actually optimistic this time. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.