Asset not found

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
Kamer

Asset not found

Post by Kamer »

Whenever I try to use Mod Builder, I keep getting this error when attempting to build.

Asset not found:
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)

I re-downloaded daggerfall-unity-master to try and fix it but have no luck.

The full error is below.
Spoiler!
Asset not found:
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Utility.ModSupport.CreateModEditorWindow:BuildMod() (at Assets/Game/Addons/ModSupport/Editor/CreateModEditorWindow.cs:508)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Utility.ModSupport.CreateModEditorWindow:<OnGUI>m__4() (at Assets/Game/Addons/ModSupport/Editor/CreateModEditorWindow.cs:370)
DaggerfallWorkshop.GUILayoutHelper:Horizontal(VoidDelegate) (at Assets/Scripts/Editor/GUILayoutHelper.cs:55)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Utility.ModSupport.CreateModEditorWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/Game/Addons/ModSupport/Editor/CreateModEditorWindow.cs:359)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

I"m using Unity 2018.2.21f1

King of Worms

Re: Asset not found

Post by King of Worms »

Where are the files you building from located?

Also, did you download a new master and overwrite the old one with it? I once did that and got errors.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:13 pm Where are the files you building from located?

Also, did you download a new master and overwrite the old one with it? I once did that and got errors.
I'm trying to replace some textures for VIO. They are located in the master in Assets>StreamingAssets>Textures.

I always restart fresh with the master file to avoid errors.

The building always fails, creates a blank spot in the files and gives this error.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I've looked into it a bit and nothing is missing. Even in the error, when it's supposed to show something after "Asset not found" it lists nothing. There is an error because nothing is missing?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Kamer wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:53 pm I've looked into it a bit and nothing is missing. Even in the error, when it's supposed to show something after "Asset not found" it lists nothing. There is an error because nothing is missing?
Do it like this:
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (182.49 KiB) Viewed 2369 times

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Kamer wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:24 pm I'm trying to replace some textures for VIO. They are located in the master in Assets>StreamingAssets>Textures.
StreamingAssets is for run-time import. Move the files inside a folder such as Game/Addons or Untracked.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I put the files in Game>Addons>TextureTest and deleted what was in streaming assets but this fixed nothing and still giving me the error that I am missing nothing. That definitely wasn't the issue.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

The mod file itself seemed to be corrupted or something? Created a new one fixed the error.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

So is it working now? Edit: oh I see it is, great!