Flying Pegasus horse MOD

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
King of Worms

Flying Pegasus horse MOD

Post by King of Worms »

You will buy Pegasus from a shop for lets say 200 000 gold (same as expensive ship)
It has nonstop levitation effect and moves faster than normal horse.
Instead of galloping sounds, it will play sounds of flapping wings
Maybe change the color from brown to white if possible

& It will be THE mean to move around the vast landscapes when you dont want to use a fast travel. :)

Interkarma

Re: Flying Pegasus horse MOD

Post by Interkarma »

I love the idea. It would be a very serene way to travel. I'm reminded of my early days in WoW taking long taxi flights to Searing Gorge and farming mithril for a few hours. Bliss. :)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Would be even cooler if there was a myth/rumor that needed to be followed up and investigated, leading to some quest chain to find one for sale...
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hazelnut wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:35 pm Would be even cooler if there was a myth/rumor that needed to be followed up and investigated, leading to some quest chain to find one for sale...
Yes, even better! Fingers crossed.

Realistically, we need some flying mounts to cross the big distances and to appreciate distant terrain. Levitation is too slow.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Ah, I see where the idea germinated from. Yeah, we do!
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

meritamas

Post by meritamas »

Hazelnut wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 10:35 pm Would be even cooler if there was a myth/rumor that needed to be followed up and investigated, leading to some quest chain to find one for sale...
Or maybe a difficult quest chain to get one (with or without paying). It would be awesome this way.
I wouldn't like Pegasi to be available for purchase in a shop because then you would expect everybody (who had the money to buy say an expensive ship) would buy them so one could expect more Pegasus riders. I think there should be only a few possible.
Interest in expanding and improving the Magic system, Capitalism and an Unleveled World.

My main quest in the DFU community is my (Mostly) Magic Mod.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

A one-time-only quest that shows up once you hit about level 7... You can accept it whenever you want, but if you fail it, the Pegasus is gone. That's classic gaming for you, isn't it? :D

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I agree that buying it in shop sounds off and the quest chain would be awesome.
Yes, quest hitting you at certain level sounds ideal. But not too early and not too late :)

I think one time possibility is too harsh, but it sounds very 90s indeed :twisted:

Id make it so, that if you fail, you will be noticed that you suck but maybe you can try again laters IF you pay 10 000 to the quest giver to lure the Pegasus once more.. Not sure about the amount of gold, it must be substantial but not unreachable for that level (whichever is decided to be ideal) when this quest appears.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Jay_H wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:04 pm A one-time-only quest that shows up once you hit about level 7... You can accept it whenever you want, but if you fail it, the Pegasus is gone. That's classic gaming for you, isn't it? :D
Also classic gaming: you forget to feed the Pegasus once, so it kicks you in the face and runs away forever. :lol:

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Pegasus needs food badly.