[MOD] Pure Vanilla Extract

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: [MOD] Pure Vanilla Extract

Post by King of Worms »

Sure, I will work on it some more, and when you want those, send me a PM or a reply and I will send u a actual version.

No emmisions yet, too many things to work on now and I dont want to spread any further. And no wereboar adjustment yet. So if you feel like it, than by all means :)

Damn, it can be pain to get it working, as u maybe saw in my posts in AI upscalling where we tryed to make the program working.
But I somehow did that, yet in limited fashion.
Yesterday I downloaded some new models and will experiment with them.

Good luck!!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

One more question about the Topaz AI sharpening, did you apply the mask before or after sharpening?

I think you must have applyed it after? Because if I use stabilize, remove blur to right, supress noise to left (similar to you) I get some outlines around the mobs.

I want to add more sharpened frames to mobs which need it.

Its not some huge number, I noticed this:

take a ork as example.
267_15 is front facing, and is corectly sharpened BUT
267_16 is ALSO front facing, and is NOT sharpened. And u see this frame a lot.

This goes thru many archives. But the overall number of frames which need to be adjusted is not big, thanks god :D

Plus there are few mobs, where sharpened and un-sharpened frames are quite different. Its especially evident with a skeleton.
There I would add the 45 degrees frames as well.

I can do that, but I get that outline :X

Will wait for reply before proceeding

Heres a comparison of your frame and mine, notice the dark outline
Desktop.rar
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 182 times

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

One more question about the Topaz AI sharpening, did you apply the mask before or after sharpening?

I think you must have applyed it after? Because if I use stabilize, remove blur to right, supress noise to left (similar to you) I get some outlines around the mobs.
Yes, I applied the alpha mask after AI sharpening.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Can you send me the masks for 8x mobs?
Or shall I send you the sharpened frames?
Thank you!

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

You could just use the alpha channel of the pre-sharpened version. That should get you back to the same transparency you started off with before you use AI Sharpen.

Regardless, here are Phredreeke's masks with slight modifications. I think I had to do a little work on them even after applying the masks, but I don't think it was much. I think I've got a script to do it, but I haven't gotten all set back up yet...
No emmisions yet, too many things to work on now and I dont want to spread any further. And no wereboar adjustment yet. So if you feel like it, than by all means :)
I noticed that on the ghost and wraith emission maps, it looked like the eyes were higher than they were supposed to be... I think either the emission map or the sprite frames got resized at some point and I forgot to take that into account.

Also, are the fire daedra and fire golem emissions working? They didn't appear to work on mine.
Last edited by MasonFace on Wed May 15, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, the link doesnt work.. Id like to test that, and test using the mask from original files, than compare.
I think I will make the sharpened versions in the meantime. But my PC is quite slow for that :X

Yes, the red eyes are above the white ones. It was surprising to me, that the emision images are not the same resolution as the mob images. But I was not sure how exactly these new emissions work. But now I know this is the case of this bug. It needs to be the same resolution.

And I have noticed the fire deadra emissions are not working as well...

EDIT:
one question, the werewolf and wereboar.. archives 264 and 269
Its still the same mob for me, not sure if I accidentally kept the old version of those, but I remember you said you remade both?
Do you have both versions pls? I just have 2 same versions in both archives.
Thank you!
Last edited by King of Worms on Wed May 15, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Hi, the link doesnt work.
Sorry about that. The Megaupload "Copy" button doesn't seem to work for me so sometimes I end up just pasting whatever garbage is already on my clipboard thinking that I have the URL copied. Then I get in a hurry and forget to double check the link. The link should be working now.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Working thank you!

I edited in a question about werewolf/boar in my prev post

PS: I cant get my SLADE editor working for pallete swaps :X

Yea, no pallette swaps... but what about this?
Created with vibrance settings in Photoshop, max vibrance, zero saturation, than I return the original red eyes
Mob looks killer IMO :evil:
264_0-0.jpg
264_0-0.jpg (58.27 KiB) Viewed 3494 times

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Looks pretty slick!

As for the Werewolf / Wereboar MOB sprites, I could have sworn I upscaled the wereboar and included it... it gets so hard to keep track of everything when there's so many frames and so many versions. I have folders stuffed with 4x, 8x, front facing, sharpened, masked, tweaked, final, etc. scattered about, most of them with several thousand frames, and I really need to tidy it all up so it's more organized...

I'll check the archive and send what I've got when I get home this evening.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks! Ive checked all the files I have from you and all of them have just one version of this mob, duplicated to these two archives.

Mate I know exactly how this is, imagine how my HDD looks with whole DREAM mod.
I keep it as tidy as possible otherwise it would not be realistic to make it even work.

But still some errors occur occasionally.
Its a miracle this thing functions so well...