Run Toggle?

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Aleryn

Run Toggle?

Post by Aleryn »

Is it possible to toggle run on and off, like in contemporary games 'autorun' toggle? I don't know a lot about Unity as a general engine, so for all I know there might be some kind of standard command for this. My reason for this query is to avoid longterm stress on the fingers/etc.

Interkarma

Re: Run Toggle?

Post by Interkarma »

I'd love an autowalk/autorun feature. It's one of those minor things that I keep meaning to put in. I'll add this to a bit later in the roadmap so I don't forget.

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

Thank you for the consideration. To be more specific, I mean a toggle that causes the 'move forward' command to be switchable between the current WALK default, to that of using RUN without the need of an interrupt key; commonly the SHIFT key.

Sorry if thats what you meant already. Good luck with development and thank you and the others involved for all the work.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I'm planning both an autorun/autowalk toggle and a walk/run state toggle. I also need to put together a secondary keybind interface for all the new keys not visible on the classic UI (and a keys that should be, like sneak).

I've scheduled all that for alpha, so no time-frame yet. But should happen later this year once all the main features are settled down.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Interkarma wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:40 pm I'm planning both an autorun/autowalk toggle and a walk/run state toggle. I also need to put together a secondary keybind interface for all the new keys not visible on the classic UI (and a keys that should be, like sneak).

I've scheduled all that for alpha, so no time-frame yet. But should happen later this year once all the main features are settled down.
Great to hear! Can you please also add a sneak toggle? I've noticed these requests have popped up fairly often since I'd also requested both a run and sneak toggle (i.e. walk/run state toggle and walk/sneak state toggle) here (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1042) - both would be really useful optional control enhancements in base DFU. Cheers!

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for reminder. I've added a sneak toggle to the roadmap item now.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

HYPE. Thanks!

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

People have also expressed a dislike for crouch being a toggle, being that crouching tends to be a brief action to go under something. Between run/crouch/sneak, it is the least worthy of operating like a toggle and yet, it's the only one that does.

I am envisioning a future option that simply says "[ ] Turn run/crouch/sneak into toggles". Of course, that would require making crouch work like run/sneak does now.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

BansheeXYZ wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:12 pm I am envisioning a future option that simply says "[ ] Turn run/crouch/sneak into toggles". Of course, that would require making crouch work like run/sneak does now.
Again from the standpoint of a player rather than a developer who'd have to do this work, this makes perfect sense to me.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

while you are messing with things Interkarma, can you put the ability to add a sneak icon while sneaking? One for running would be nice as well
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.