"Skill and attribute changes after prison time"

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

"Skill and attribute changes after prison time"

Post by Interkarma » Wed May 15, 2019 1:17 am

The 0.9 roadmap list contains an item "skill and attribute changes after prison time". I added this item from memory while writing the initial roadmap a few years back. Now while planning out 0.9, I can't find any solid information about this.

To confirm in classic, I sent two of my characters on consecutive murder sprees and surrendered to guards each time, racking up a total of over 3 years in prison each. Then I compared their attributes and skills against screenshots taken before they did all that hard time. There were no changes to either character's attributes or skills.

It's looking like that roadmap item shouldn't actually be there and it's just a case of faulty memory on my part. Before I remove this item from the roadmap, does anyone else know something more about this?

jayhova

Re: "Skill and attribute changes after prison time"

Post by jayhova » Wed May 15, 2019 7:30 am

How strange. I remember this as well.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. DFU Ver. 0.7.120

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn » Wed May 15, 2019 7:45 am

Is it possible that this was a feature in early versions of Daggerfall before the latter and final patches by Bethesda?

Also, I'm pretty sure this attribute loss can occur in Morrowind... not sure about Arena though.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse » Sat May 18, 2019 7:20 pm

Even if it's not in Classic, I'd prefer it be a toggle. It makes sense. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.