Flying Pegasus horse MOD

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
King of Worms

Re: Flying Pegasus horse MOD

Post by King of Worms »

Lol!

So.. what if a quest chain would be about getting some ingredients from a dungeons 1st. Lets say 2 dungeons. Lich dust and yellow berries 😂

Than the quest giver receives the ingredients to create a bait from it.

After that he sends you to the remote temple (that cavern like) and u need to stand there at midnight. Quest giver will acompany you.

Than at midnight you will get a msg that dark brotherhood was monitoring your progress and they want the bait and pegasus. And than a pack of 10 thieves attacks you. U kill them and with last dead u get a msg u got rid of em, placed the bait and catched the mount. And it will be in your inventory and the quest giver leaves. Use = fly.

If they kill u, u failed.

I think im bad at quests 😢

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

I haven't had the urge to fly, but I have had to urge to buy "boots of propulsion" and jump forward 500 yards in a few seconds (and be immune to fall dmg of course). You could set left-click hold-down to "charge" the length of the jump. That would be a fun way to traverse the vast and mostly boring landscape quickly and still be ready to fight things.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yeah this is fun, I do it like this, open console

tgm
set_runspeed 50
set_jump 50

thats your "Boots of propulsion" :D

Love that, and I want that ingame as well!

Just... easier implementation. You put the boots on, and things are set (no charging etc)

press Shift to run at 50speed
press jump to jump 50height
tgm (god mode) so u dont kill yourself on landing

Try it :)

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

King of Worms wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 2:35 pmTry it :)

Of course, early 3d devs figured out it was fun too. Terra Nova and Tribes 2 did it well. Those were sci-fi games, but they also had vast empty terrain.
Just... easier implementation. You put the boots on, and things are set (no charging etc)
It'd be easier to implement, but it's only going to be useful in the wilderness and you're going to be swapping out boots.

I'm also wondering if it would work better as a mod of the jumping skill, with the "athleticism" advantage turning into a fall damage immunity so that you can pair the two together. The max distance you could jump would be determined by your jumping & strength, and whether you received fall dmg would be determined by athleticism.

Neither jumping or athleticism are treated as useful in the game, yet there are strangely classes that have jumping as a major skill (barbarian, acrobat). I'd imagine that most playthroughs of dfall end up ignoring that skill. This would actually give some incentive to keep raising that skill past 50%, and of course, the player would feel rewarded doing so.

Usernamicus

Post by Usernamicus »

My first thought: Yes. DO IT.

Second thought: For extra incentive, Pegasi were meant to be in Arena, much like a lot of Daggerfall mechanics. So there's justification for "reimplementing" a cut feature from Arena into DFU besides rule of cool.

Arena concept art of a Pegasus, unfortunately the text is cut out: https://images.uesp.net/2/2a/AR-concept-Pegasus.png