PBR Materials for classic textures

Discuss modding questions and implementation details.
MasonFace

Re: PBR Materials for classic textures

Post by MasonFace »

Oh Unity is not a problem for me. I'm a game developer full time so I've plenty of experience.
Excellent! Our community could definitely benefit from your experience. :P

Those are some really neat looking material you show in your video. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on your Project Tremors game. It looks pretty interesting.

I've been working on (well, it's actually stalled a bit lately) a real-time sprite impostor system that you might find useful.

It's tentative name is "Spriter" and it can create faux 2D sprites from 3D models with realtime lighting, similar to enemies in "Prodeus" if you've heard of that.

I should mention that it only works in Unity, so it probably won't suit your needs unless you decide to port your project to Unity.

Just curious, but why did you decide to build Project Tremors in GZDoom instead of Unity or UE4?

@KoW:
I can help with that, I still have that god damned folder.
Excluding the unused textures is a must before u start.
I can as well pack it and send it to you.. the folder structure is very handy!
Actually, I could really use that as well! Do you have that information in a spreadsheet? If not, I wouldn't mind just having the folder if you don't mind! :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

You mean the god damned folder? 😂 Sharing is caring :) I will pack the folder and send it tomorrow.. will be better than spredsheet because there are actual vanila textures in the subfolders...

I will just go thru it to ensure its correct and complete

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ok here is the god damned folder :lol:
If you do all the textures there, you should be complete.

I cleaned it up so its easier to navigate

and I forgot to add this... its questionable, because these textures are already covered by the Handpainted models by Alexander Sig...
but if you a completionists, and want to do those as well, add texture archives:

071 (store shelves)
072 (store shelves)
081 (store shelves)
088 (wagon)

I have the same for SPRITES if needed.

GDF TEXTURES:
https://mega.nz/#!H2QWBSrC!JdehaGEN1LQx ... uJh45DDTTk
Last edited by King of Worms on Sat May 18, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Thanks for the GDF of the textures!

I would also like the GDF for the sprites!

Thanks!

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Here goes!
But this one might be not as helpful as the textures catalog.
I cleaned it and make it more useful anyway.

It contains sprites only from TEXTURES section of the Daggerfall imaging.
There are CIF sprites (casting hands, werewolf hands, weapons 1st person) - those are not included here.

I feel those are different kind than the stuff in this pack. And dont need a catalogue, as all are used anyway.

GDF SPRITES:
https://mega.nz/#!zmRCjaQC!lzGrz8VBr_-U ... p3DUijII0k

SubPixel-Chris

Post by SubPixel-Chris »

Thanks for those links!

Sorry for my delays lately, I've spent the last week working a massive gig for E3 so i havent had any time to devote to this. We just wrapped filming yesterday so i'm going to take time this weekend to myself and might do some DFU texture work in that time. I might also work in improving how often I capotolize the letter "i" in reference to myself. Lmao

@masonface
I used GZDoom as a porototype for Project Tremors. It's easy to build levels and itterate very quickly, but due to the limitations of the engine I've already exhausted it's usefulness. Lmao I have since migrated tremors over to Unity.

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Very cool to hear that you've ported over to Unity.

If you want to use my "Spriter" asset, I'd be happy to share it. I could use some help finishing it up if you are proficient with C#. Otherwise, you can at least use it in its alpha stage until I get around to cleaning it up and finish it.

Also, very understandable about taking time for yourself. It's very important to keep that balance right, but not always easy to do.

One last thing: what is your workflow for generating the PBR textures? I have my own method, but it's a bit time consuming and I'm interested to see yours.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

One last thing: what is your workflow for generating the PBR textures? I have my own method, but it's a bit time consuming and I'm interested to see yours.
IF I may :)
Me personally, I use Substance B2M, its very powerfull tool. You just drop in the main texture, and it automatically generates the rest of maps.
You can fiddle with settings ofcourse, than you click export, write a name of a file and it creates a set of textures you have chosen. Plus it adds a suffixes like _normal _height _roughness etc automatically. Than I copy those in the separate folders and map them to the main texture in Unity.

I can be more specific if needed.