Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Midknightprince

Re: Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack #1

Post by Midknightprince »

Q0C00Y04 - is this the quest that is constantly spawning werewolves on me ?

I think I'm delivering a mysterious potion for the glenmoril witches...
I cannot rest, I'm almost dead, and I have already leveled once.

It says they stop at sun-up, and it's 1 a.m, it is going to be a legendary Tale if I survive....

Thank you man, I freaking love it
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

If you have JHPQ010 running, that'll spawn a lot of werewolves. Otherwise I don't have a quest that'll do that.

Q0C00Y04 does spawn multiple werewolves, so if that's active it's pretty likely.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

I don't know...

They just stopped spawning, I couldn't even rest at the inn.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

So... I love your quests! I've been digging around old daggerfall info, and found something useful: https://en.uesp.net/dagger/hints/dagguild.shtml#lamp

You think you could implement it? I think a number of your quests would suit the "Order of the Lamp".

EDIT:
One more tidbit from a book: "I regret to acknowledge the truth behind the rumor that Master Ulliceta gra-Kogg was more than an apologist for Necromancy, she was a Necromancer herself. Upon this revelation, the Knights of the Lamp attempted to arrest her at the Guildhouse in Orsinium, but she made good her escape."

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I've been considering making long-form multi-part quests, similar to what I've done with The Crow in the Thieves Guild. If the Order of the Lamp doesn't get modded in per se, they'd be excellent fodder for some quest ideas :) Thanks for the suggestion and the compliments!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Seeing videos from people like theJF has me quite motivated to get back to writing custom quests... I'm going to finish the classic ones first, so I'll try to do that as efficiently as possible :)

theJF

Post by theJF »

Hi Jay_H that reminds me to start going through your custom fighters guild quests! A combination of extra work and an addiction to Europa Universalis 4 has been eating my time. I've also been going through your quest making tutorial - it's trickier than it first seems ;)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'm very happy to see videos of my quests, but feel no obligation :) They're not yet at a stage where I feel comfortable with people really enjoying them. Too unbalanced, still. Your honest feedback about what's good and what's bad is my greatest gift.

The easiest way to learn to write quests, in my opinion, is just to alter existing ones. Take a variable and change it to another, and then change a different variable, and then rewrite some dialogue. A lot of good quests are just old quests with a new twist and different dialogue. I'm always happy to field questions about broken things here or on Discord.

On an unrelated note, I'm thinking of changing my Perpetual Quest pack. I'd take all its quests and integrate them into the guild and commoner quests as "consequence quests," so they would follow in an orderly fashion. That means there would be no more recurring, random Perpetual Quests, but they would still be accessible as secret quests on the tail end of normal quests. Any feedback is welcome; I'm not sure which approach is more likable.

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

theJF wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:16 am Hi Jay_H that reminds me to start going through your custom fighters guild quests! A combination of extra work and an addiction to Europa Universalis 4 has been eating my time. I've also been going through your quest making tutorial - it's trickier than it first seems ;)
Howdy JF! I remembered the Sleep spell quest from classic back in the 90s and the fact that you can use any spell that damages fatigue. I enjoyed Your videos quite a bit. Pretty soon you'll be giving Midnightprince a run for his money. :-)
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

theJF

Post by theJF »

Thank you for the kind words jayhova