KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazed

Re: KoW - D.R.E.A.M.

Post by Hazed »

I think its due to this mod but it looks like the wereboar sprite is bugged and looks the same as werewolf sprites any one else getting that while using this mod?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yea im aware of it. These two models are same in last version. But its not some big deal. Because The difference between wolf and boar is so subtle.

Will be corrected in next version

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

New wereboar model is ready, based on AI upscales from MasonFace.. took me few days to get it to level I like. Plus Ive created the emission maps so it has glowing eyes now. Will be in next release.. with more refined mobs as well. Plus sounds and music in DFMOD, possibly the animations as well. And maybe a better materials, which are not so easy...

Glowing eyes are only visible ingame...
Spoiler!
269_0-3.png
269_0-3.png (185.8 KiB) Viewed 65955 times
269_2-1.png
269_2-1.png (174.23 KiB) Viewed 65955 times
269_5-1.png
269_5-1.png (192.24 KiB) Viewed 65955 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

compare.jpg
compare.jpg (129.51 KiB) Viewed 65952 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hi Adrinus, I have a question, would it be possible for you to change the colors of the characters silhoulettes in the left column to match the hand skin color please? After some ingame testing Im convinced it would actually look better than the original. Im not sure how difficult it would be to switch that in the tab tho... if its a problem, its ok to leave it the way it is now. Plus if this change happens, I will need to redo the main spellmaker tab and the other version of this smaller tab.. but I think I can do that. Its up to you ;)
MASK04I0.IMG.png
MASK04I0.IMG.png (219.82 KiB) Viewed 65896 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Im adjusting the corpse sizes to actually match the mob sizes using the XML files.
Colours are already matched, detail level is matched and the corpses sprites are improved with hand drawn shadowing and some touch ups.

The scales are very off in vanilla on many sprites. You kill a big spider and the corpse is 30% smaller than the live mob.
There was this extreme, where giant scorpion corpse had to be made 70% bigger to fit the living mob scale.
On the other hand, some corpses were too big, skeleton corpse was reduced by 20% to match etc.

So I spawn a mob, kill him and observe. Than spawn again, and match the corpse to its size.

Thanks to new console commands its quite easy job!
Toggle AI off - tai
Spawn mob - cm x
Kill it - killall
Switch to windows, adjust the xml file
Alt tab back to game
reset_assets
And you see the results..
And the results are great!

Quite a change from the stone age of modding when I started with a DREAM. Now it actually feels like working in editor.
Esp reset_assets is a god send because u dont have to restart the game after every change to see it. And ofc MOB spawn commands
Thanks Interkarma for creating it after my feedback!

It feels very natural when everything is properly matched ;)

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

King of Worms wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:20 am Hi Adrinus, I have a question, would it be possible for you to change the colors of the characters silhoulettes in the left column to match the hand skin color please? After some ingame testing Im convinced it would actually look better than the original. Im not sure how difficult it would be to switch that in the tab tho... if its a problem, its ok to leave it the way it is now. Plus if this change happens, I will need to redo the main spellmaker tab and the other version of this smaller tab.. but I think I can do that. Its up to you ;)

MASK04I0.IMG.png
If you're really married to the idea I'll do it, but I think it'll look weird: naked Ken doll standin' around.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Im quite sure about it, I want to switch the colored tab with the one which is all yellow tinted.

As it is now, it doesnt make much sense...
Why do we have colored effects, when if you create a spell you see this?
Spoiler!
01.jpg
01.jpg (513.12 KiB) Viewed 65844 times
Its not even clear its a blue snowflake and frost effect.
Ive put some thought into this...

When you switch those, than you will realize the dark silhouletes do not fit in the style.

But I cant be sure until I do it and see it :X

Adrinus

Post by Adrinus »

I'll give it a shot, but I'd go ahead and implement the idea: make it so they go from grayscale to color when selected.

I'll make the images for ya, and we can see which way looks better.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Adrinus wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:55 pm I'll give it a shot, but I'd go ahead and implement the idea: make it so they go from grayscale to color when selected.

I'll make the images for ya, and we can see which way looks better.
Thanks, yes thats the idea. It will be more complicated, because it seems its not working with a loose files.
So id need to pack it in the DFMOD. But thats not a big deal.