Texture by Gad

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Gadel

Texture by Gad

Post by Gadel »

Well. hello... I've worked on textures

this is my first release the texture 201. This texure is the texture of casuals pets. I didnt want to strech fully to daggerfall vanilla assets. Still i think i kept the "spirit" of vanilla game. the textures are animated... still not more than vanilla (so 4 frames max)

Feel free to use thoses textures replacement
Spoiler!
dowload texture 201 (pets)----dowland texture 201 (pets)without black outline
Last edited by Gadel on Sun May 26, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Worms

Re: Texture by Gad

Post by King of Worms »

Hi, very nice, I met just a few cows, but surprisingly, this style fits the game quite well and the animations are nicely done, thank you!!
And welcome to the forums, this came out of nowhere :)
cow.jpg
cow.jpg (389.29 KiB) Viewed 4899 times
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (568.12 KiB) Viewed 4898 times
Horse has a bit too thick black outline to my taste, just a pers0nal opinion
02.jpg
02.jpg (637.88 KiB) Viewed 4897 times

Gadel

Post by Gadel »

tks for feedback ^^

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

They look great, and fit nicely into the other upgraded textures. I'm a little unsure about the outline being so distinct though. Some seem almost to have a dark black line around the edge. I assume this is a stylistic choice?

Oh, and when I first read this thread title, I was like "texture by god" - wow, this project is getting more and more famous. :lol:
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Gadel

Post by Gadel »

well the outline is a personnal choice yep... but it's quite ez to remove (a simple layer to hide) ... since u are the second one to say something about it... i'll take some time to make a "no outline pack"
i initially chose to give a "cell shade" aspect to the game. Cause of "cartoon" effect the reworked texture of the dream give in game.

I'm starting to work on texture 181. but as i'm far from a GOD :) only a gad. i have some troubles with drawing but it's a pretty good exercise for me and i really improved while i was working on texture 201.

Gadel

Post by Gadel »

texture 201 without black outline uploaded.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Great job, it fits better in my opinion, I dont use the dark outines in DREAM neither.

I love your idea about making it more diverse. For example, in original, there are two cats, but it the same type of cat in different possition. You created two different kinds of cats and thats great. Same with the pigs and dogs. Nice touch!

What kind of drawing software do you use if I may ask?

Thank you :)

pango

Post by pango »

I agree, even with the outlined versions look really good on their own, I think the version without the outline will blend better with the original Daggerfall game style...
Either way, that's really sweet work, animals need love too :)

Totally random wildlife screenshot!
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (263.38 KiB) Viewed 4813 times
(Crosstale, Daggerfall)
Last edited by pango on Sun May 26, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Gadel

Post by Gadel »

King of Worms wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 4:59 pm Great job, it fits better in my opinion, I dont use the dark outines in DREAM neither.

I love your idea about making it more diverse. For example, in original, there are two cats, but it the same type of cat in different possition. You created two different kinds of cats and thats great. Same with the pigs and dogs. Nice touch!

What kind of drawing software do you use if I may ask?

Thank you :)
Yep for the variation... when bethesda released daggerfall they was on urge... so i guess they did "fast" and didnt really pushed variations. (many copy/paste with color change in the game texture). And i'm not on urge ^^.

For the software... well Photshop... the CS2... (the one that went free after adobe bug on publishing it on their website ^^ )
I also own krita and a license of an old artrage... but i'm not as good on those 2 others. I know every bit of toshop.

@pango : DAMN u found the seagulls !!! i've searched them for a screenshot for a while but didnt found them :)

again glad u like it :)

And here is my 181 progression

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

These are very nice!
One question: are you making these at a higher resolution and then exporting at vanilla texture size? I'm sure most people are playing at a higher resolution. If you are making these textures from scratch and wouldn't mind making them at 2x or 4x, that would be great. But of course, we are glad for you to be making them at all, and they are quite unexpected. So whatever works for you!