0.7.146: Thieves Guild join letter locks inventory [RESOLVED]

BansheeXYZ

0.7.146: Thieves Guild join letter locks inventory [RESOLVED]

Post by BansheeXYZ »

I went into my inventory to use the letter, and my cursor disappears and only the letter item shows even though other items are in there. If you fast travel to another city or enter a house, the problem clears up... sort of. Even when letter works, it isn't supposed to suspend the inventory window.

It's worth noting that this letter has been a troublemaker in the past:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1450&p=16863
SAVE22.zip
(106.96 KiB) Downloaded 94 times

Hazelnut

Re: 0.7.146: Thieves Guild join letter locks inventory

Post by Hazelnut »

Looks like a null check is needed in UndiscoverBuilding to handle when nothings' been discovered yet. Fix added to my general fixes PR. Thanks for the report.

EDIT: Is this the fastest DFU bugfix ever? lol What do I win? (I had 10 mins before dinner...)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

0.7.146 Linux: Inventory bug after quest acceptance

Post by Jay_H »

This is a sporadic bug that I've talked to a couple of people about, but I think we haven't reported it (feel free to correct me).

1. Accept a quest (not known what the parameters are, but I was in M0B21Y19.
2. At some point, and not always at quest init, the inventory becomes nearly unusable. For Standard Protection, this occurred after I fast traveled to the city that had the living target.
3. The inventory will be emptied of most/all items except maybe a quest parchment. I can freely swing the player perspective around as if in gameplay, but cannot interact with the inventory, close with ESC, or do anything in the game world. I can only hard close DFU or do nothing.

Player log: https://pastebin.com/ThAZp6vx

If the log isn't enough, I can try to get a video later if I encounter it again.

Interkarma

Re: 0.7.146 Linux: Inventory bug after quest acceptance

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks Jay! The exception is happening below, which means it's just a variant of this bug. Should be fixed by the same PR Hazelnut made for that report.

Code: Select all

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.PlayerGPS.UndiscoverBuilding (Int32 buildingKey, Boolean onlyIfResidence) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.TalkManager.UndiscoverQuestResidence (UInt64 questID, System.String resourceName, DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.QuestResourceInfo questResourceInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0